Photo

Cake Baker in Montego Bay or Rose Hall?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Jenna in Jamaica

Jenna in Jamaica
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Is it just me or does that seem so expensive? The cakes are really pretty though.

#22 blumenthale

blumenthale
    • 242 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

The cakes are a steal compared to the prices found in the US. Have you looked at the prices in your area? Cakes start at $9 a slice near me for the most basic cake.

#23 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

has anyone on here tried the jamaican rum cake? Im worried my guests wont like it.

#24 One Love Brownie

One Love Brownie
        • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for sharing the info & details of your experience which is really helpful with my planning.
          :)

#25 caramelkeke

caramelkeke
          • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

You can try Dream Cakes and Events, their number is (876)289-0060

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Cakes-and-Events/474596855889702

#26 Islander88

Islander88
            • 120 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

hi Kris, if your guests like alcohol they will enjoy the rum cake. for those who dont drink they may find the taste too strong as the fruits used in the cake tend to be soaked in alcohol for a long period of time. not sure if you can tell the baker to go easy on the liquor so the flavour will be more mild

#27 SoontobeMrsRay

SoontobeMrsRay
              • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

what about traveling with the cake from the states? how do you think that could work? i have a friend who makes cakes in NY.  do you think she'll be able to decorate it in the hotels kitchen if we travel with the cake itself.. not decorated?

#28 Giffojess1

Giffojess1
                • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

@ Soon to be Mrs Ray, I dont think thats a good idea ... my SIL got married in JA in 05/2010 and her dad has a bakery in FL. So he baked the traditional Jamaican rum cake and brought down undecorated. They actually went with the Hotel 2 tier cake in their package ... her dad tried to decorate the cake but the icing was melting and the hotel kitchen would not allow them to do the decorating since it could be a liability issue ?! So my advice is to find a local cake baker in Jamaica whose work, price and decorations you like and go with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users