Sign in to follow this  
kerryjbrown

Pics of first alterations...Bustle?

So, it is the final countdown....went in today for my first fitting after alterations. There are some changes that need to be made (I didn't like the spillage up front so I am having her let some zipper out in the back so my chest doesn't look monsterous). Length is fine we only had to do the sides. She added boning and took in a ton through the bodice. The beading is still perfect and she did a great job. She is going to take a bit more at the waist so the bodice will stay up once she releases the zipper (tough as back is lower than the front).

Anyway...my big challenge is the bustle...sales lady had shown it to me one way which the seamstress won't do. She says with my dress, French is the only way to go. Here are pics...does this look strange? (don't mind the hair I threw a clip in it to get it out of the way)

Dress from front (with zipper undone 2" so there is no spillage)

Click the image to open in full size.

Full Back

Bustle

that dress is GORGEOUS and the bustle looks like it's exactly the way it's meant to be. really suits the dress, so much so that i can't even picture how else you would do it!

I love the french bustle...it suits the look of the dress. I would agree with the seamstress, if you did an English bustle, it would take away from the detail on the skirt.

BTW, you look absolutely beautiful in your dress! It is gorgeous!