Did you send any pre-wedding info?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Quick question,

Did you send out a detailed letter of your wedding/itenerary after guests RSVP or should our website be sufficient?

Please advise.

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

We did both a website that we updated through out our wedding planning. We also sent out a pre-travel package with luggage tags, a booklet on excursions and a passport booklet with info on traveling to Mexico and about the resort. Our guests found it really helpful.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

Since we didn't have a website, after everyones travel arrangements were finalized, I sent out travel booklets to everyone. It contained general info about Jamaica, the resort, events that we were hosting for the weekend, and then the wedding day timeline.

I agree with Jennifer that all of our guests found this info very useful. Since some of our guests had not been to Jamaica before, this was helpful because they knew what to expect in regards to the resorts dress code for certain restaurants, to the fact that there was a time change since we were in a diff time zone.

There are lots of templates on here that I'm sure you could borrow!

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

I sent out a huge pre-travel packet with all kinds of info, luggage tags, etc. Our guests found it really helpful and it enabled us to answer last minute questions. We had a really nice webiste, but people didn't follow it or check for updates very often.

I'll try to find the link for you.

There you go! http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t19955

#5 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

We also have a wedding website.. But, about a month or two before the wedding; we will be sending out a newsletter with luggage tags. The newsletter will have information about DR, our wedding week schedule, etc, etc...

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

I did a wedding website, STD's and an invite. I didn't go overboard and found it wasn't really needed. However, lots of people on here did and enjoyed it. So if you want the extra project, go for it!

#7 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                We did both a website that we updated through out our wedding planning. We also sent out a pre-travel package with luggage tags, a booklet on excursions and a passport booklet with info on traveling to Mexico and about the resort. Our guests found it really helpful.
                This is what I did with my guests about two weeks prior to leaving. Our guests loved it and it helped answer some pre-travel questions they had too!

#8 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

We suck as hosts we didn't send anything... *tear*

#9 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thanks! I think we will try to send some kind of newsletter/brochure with details about the trip a month prior to the wedding. We also have a website in addition to that. We are asking for RSVPs 2 months in advance so we will see...

#10 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
                  • 698 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

I would like to do a pre-travel newsletter and luggage tags, but I don't want to do the extra work :0)
                    Our guest are suppose to RSVP by March 2nd, so I'll have a couple of weeks to get my butt in gear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users