• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Oh that's good that he's out now - I know you were worried about that. I hope that he starts to make some positive changes in his life, both for him, for you, and for your kids!

#92 EricaG

EricaG
    • 1,915 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

He has been told that I don't trust him anymore, and that that trust is going to take a long time to build up again, even if he gets his act together. He knows I want nothing more than friendship right now as long as he stays sober, and that if pigs start flying and we get back together, it won't be for years of him proving himself. He also knows that I am not out looking for a new man, but that I am not going to sit around and wait for him to get his life in order.
      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#93 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Good for you sounds like he's had a total shock and its been what he's needed. He's lucky to be out x

#94 SAM

SAM
        • 542 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

Erica~ I am so sorry that you and your children are having to go through this. You are being so strong and standing by your choices to not to let him back in. Good for you! I hope he will be getting help and making better choices for himself, you and your children.

#95 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
          • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Erica- Everyone has said everything that needs to be said- with that just know we are all here for you. **hugs**

#96 askelly15

askelly15
            • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

You are a brave woman to go through something like this. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Take care of you and the kids first before anything else. Things happen for a reason and I wish you the best of luck.
              Amanda

#97 speedwaymama

speedwaymama
              • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

I hope things get easier for you and I hope that your husband manages to give up drinking.
                As someone who is married to a man who drinks every day, but does not have "a drink problem"(his words not mine) I truly admire you for having the guts to get out and report him.
                My hubby has never been violent with his drinking he just comes home and falls asleep on the chair and snores. I am making a scrapbook of his drunken sleeps which I am going to present to him on the day I finally decide to leave him.

#98 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by speedwaymama
                  My hubby has never been violent with his drinking he just comes home and falls asleep on the chair and snores. I am making a scrapbook of his drunken sleeps which I am going to present to him on the day I finally decide to leave him.
                  LMAO I like your style

#99 zethers

zethers
                  • 135 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'm not as active as I would like to be on this forum, but everytime I come on I find inspiration in someone...Erica, you sound like an amazing woman, I hope everything works out in the end, and you stay strong. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you, please know there are people you have never met who are praying for you and who think you are amazing for doing the right thing!!

#100 seaprincess

seaprincess
                    • 753 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

Erica - Your bravery is honorable considering I'm sure he is saying things to you that are making you reconsider your decision. As a child with a father who has and continues to battle addiction, and of a mother who made the tough choice for the better of her children, you are doing the right thing.

Of course the future is uncertain, and you I'm sure you still love Larry, your kids cannot ever, ever be put back in that situation - which I'm sure you know.... They cannot suffer for his mistakes and errors in judgement.

Just remember how your strong you are and that although Larry is remorseful, he has a lot of growing and healing to do before he can be trusted to take responsibilty for your children...

I wish you lots of love and strength and BDW prayers!
                      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users