Photo

New Moon Palace in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#71 bamcandr

bamcandr
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

I am also wondering about group rates...who was your travel agent that got you 140 per night per person??

#72 CCin331

CCin331
    • 106 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

My date is July 23 2011 and I was told by a representative their group rates which were extremely expensive... $200 pp p/n for a double. When we looked up flight and hotel rates on our own we were able to find a rate for $1000 and less for 5 nights. The only downside to everyone booking on their own is scattered rooms and with the resort being so huge I don't want that. Hopefully my travel agent can work something very similar out for us before I even sign the contract. Did anyone else have to wait for their confirmation from the justice of peace? They have confirmed my request but I'm just waiting on this. Any photos of the Emerald Collection?

Also... I'm only having a Matron of honor and having chosen the Emerald Collection I am not sure what color I want her dress. I would love to stick with green but then I'm worried about having 2 totally different shades. Am I being too neurotic?

Dreams Palm Beach 7.23.2011 Bride&Groom +40 Booked... http://www.mywedding...rineandmichael/

#73 jenlycus

jenlycus
      • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

Found this on youtube and thought I would share.  A wedding couple posted a video of their ceremony on the beach at Moon PC.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XktswODqFd4

For ppl asking about the $140 per person/per night rate that I got, my travel agent is in Canada and booked us with Transat Holidays for flight & hotel.  For the land only portion, I believe she just booked through them too.  It came out to $952 per person for 7 days.

#74 Raazzy5711

Raazzy5711
        • 217 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

My travel agent was not able to get them below $200/a nt per person for a double.  We were able to add the $1500 credit to the rooms.  I really wanted to have group contract because I want the unlimited events so I am gave in on the rate debacle.  I think that if your wedding weekend is longer that 3 nights you have more room to negotiate but I'm not sure.  Hope this helps! 

I am going to focus on reserving all the restaurants I want for events and selecting my upgraded decor for the reception in October.

#75 lolitabride

lolitabride
          • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

My suggestion is to get a member to book the rooms for you. This is what my friend did and was able to get the rooms for $165 per person. Message me if you would like the details.

#76 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
            • 65 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

I was able to get a great rate through a member of the Palace Resorts.  It was really easy, got a gret rate for my guests and we were able to get the group benefits.  It's definately worth looking into.  You can PM me if you want more details.

"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

#77 jwalz

jwalz
              • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hi!  I am planning my wedding here too and was curious about the member rate.  How do you go about doing this?

#78 NicolaBisogni

NicolaBisogni
                • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

hi

im nicolas wedding photographer here in puntacana bavaro i write you fot to know my own web site 

check on www.nicolabisogni.com and write me for any question and curiosity..

#79 NicolaBisogni

NicolaBisogni
                  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

hi

im nicolas wedding photographer here in puntacana bavaro i write you fot to know my own web site 

check on www.nicolabisogni.com and write me for any question and curiosity..

#80 amrita

amrita
                    • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hi everyone

I am getting married in December and trying to finalize a hotel in Punta Cana. I saw the pictures of the moon palace and fell in love

can you guys please please give me your honest opinion on this resort for weddings and the general experience?  if you recommend another hotel, that would be great as well...

i am also looking for a wedding planer , photogropher / videogropher if anyone has a contact or an opinion then it will be realy appreciated

thank you soo much

amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users