Photo

Finally - My Invitations/Save the Dates

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

They went out in November. I designed them after reading many threads on this site before I was even a member and here they are. I decided on a mix of a boarding pass invite combined with a luggage tag.

I only sent out this one mailing with the invitations that included our December Deadline, Travel Agent and website information and a magnet to remember the date. The magnet is a map of Mexico with an x where Moon Palace is.

My mother did the hard work of printing, punching, having the holes drilled or the designs cut out. On the back of the envelopes, we had our return address typeset on them.

The individual parts

Click the image to open in full size.

The final product

Click the image to open in full size.

Most of the paper came from Card Stock, Vellum Paper, Envelopes, Metallic Cardstock, Invitation Cards Specialty Wedding Stationery - Paperandmore.com .

We stamped up the boarding passes after the design was done and had them copied at one local place and cut at another.

The fonts I used were Shardee and OptimusPrinceps that I found at dafont.com.

#2 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

They are really cute! By the way we are wedding date buddies! 152 days to go!!!

#3 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
      • 459 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

They are adorable! You and your mom did a great job :).

#4 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
        • 1,448 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

You did a fantastic job, they look great!

#5 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Wow, they came out great! I love how the boading pass and luggage tag came together to make a somewhat traditional but unique invitation. Awesome job!

#6 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
            • 445 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

My guests really loved them and I have been told many times they are being saved because they are so unique.

Something that I didn't mention is all the layers my mom put together.

The boarding pass base has the bottom off-white card with a metallic orange card-stock rectangle in between it and the upper boarding pass we did.

The middle layer is just a velum piece with a small tag punched out of metallic orange cardstock that we stamped with a our round stamp.

The top layer has a luggage tag that we topped with a type-set linen piece and then topped it off with a strip of metallic aqua card-stock, a metallic orange punch flower, and a piece of irregular cut rice paper.

We put a braided piece of yarn in the top luggage tag layer and put all the layers together with the satin ribbon.

We love the way they turned out and was glad the guests did too. We sent out 180 of them......

#7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Those are cute. Good job.

#8 kris9685

kris9685
                • 173 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

love the luggage tags! your colors are great together, nice combo!

#9 babestaaa

babestaaa
                  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Good job!

#10 ChristiandRyan

ChristiandRyan
                    • 156 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Love the layered look!!! way to be creative!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users