25 Random Things About You...
Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:09 PM
I'll start....hopefully others will follow!! LOL.
1. I am so afraid of trusting others, in fear that i will get hurt
2. I don't do well with constructive criticsm
3. My first pet was a cat named Kane-she lived until she was 15
4. I hate my ears-I think they stick out too much and I despise my inner thighs...ughhh
5. If i could get away with it, i would eat fatty foods for the rest of my life. A cheeseburger sounds so much more appealing than vegetables!
6. I wish i had more discipline to work out
7. I miss my dad every single day and often wonder how different my life would be if he was still here.
8. I would rather stay home on a Friday or Saturday night with some take-out and a movie than go to the bar. This might be due to the fact that i have partied A LOT in my younger days
9. I can't wait to be a mom...but the thought also scares the sh**t out of me!
10. My amazing husband spoils me to no end.....
11. I once read 7 books while i was on vacation in Mexico for 2 weeks
12. My mom and sister are my best friends....without them, i don't know where i'd be.
13. I love drama-Not my own, but when it's happening to others, i love it!
14. I try to find humor in every situation....A good sense of humor is a MUST!
15. I met my husband online and I knew from the first night we met, he was someone I wanted to spend my life with.
16. When I was 19, I was one of 5 nannies for quadruplets. They were high needs babies with FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome). I often think of them and wonder how they are.
17. I have a re-occuring dream that my teeth are either loose or falling out. It is the WORST dream ever....
18. I am very shy and get intimidated by others easily...I wish this was something I could overcome.
19. I would like to go to Belize, Greece & Australia before I die
20. I am a total gilry girl
21. I wish I didn't cry as much as I do....I cry when i'm happy, angry, frustrated, PMSing...ahhh, the list goes on.
22. When I was 16 my best friend and I got busted with fake ID's at a club...the plice were going to charge us with fraud but thank god the charges were dropped! The next year I was caught shoplifting-My poor mother!
23. I would be truly lost without my BlackBerry
24. Until my relationship with Doug, I have never in a long term relationship
25. I am terrified of needles...I hate them, can't look at them and the thought of them make me want to vomit.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:10 PM
Facebook: 25 Things I Didn't Want to Know About You - TIME
It's funny to me how every trend always has someone commenting on it.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:29 PM
1. When I was a baby, I was bald until I was two, now I have more hair than either of my sisters...ha!
2. This is going to sound insane but...I have some weird clairvoyance or something, I don't know how to describe this. Often (this happens so often that it HAS to be more than a mere coincidence) I'll ask someone about something or someone specific, and then later that day, the person or thing that I was asking about will be brought up by someone else who had no idea that I even mentioned it at all. It's freaky and it happens to me all the time! Here's an example of what I mean: the other week, I asked my FI if his brother had gotten his immunizations for the trip yet, a few hours later, I get an email from FI saying that his brother was wondering how to get a hold of the travel clinic so he could get his immunizations done...freaky right?!?!
3. I loathe working out and will pretty much use any excuse I can on FI to convince him not to make me go to the gym on any given night (he's my gym police since I don't have any discipline lol), yes, that includes ummm, physical stuff haha...which IS technically a workout, am I right? lol
4. I played classical piano for 8 years and my teacher used to make me take conservatory exams (which I hated) but I love classical music and know a lot of stuff about composers.
5. My mom calls me "extreme Kathy" since I'm either all the way into something or not in to it at all...there is no happy medium with me haha.
6. I don't talk to my dad...at all. I haven't spoken to him in almost ten years and have no plans to start now. He knows what he did and yes, it is THAT bad.
7. My best gal friend is my FI's soon-to-be ex sister-in-law. He's also still good friends with her but there is a lot of drama with his brother and the whole divorce thing happening between them right now. I hope it doesn't ruin my wedding day.
8. I am terrified of death and dying. I go to funerals out of respect for the dead but I hate going to them and they make me really sad for many weeks afterward.
9. I have a yellow rose tattoo on my right shoulder and I got it when I was 16. My mom is awesome and signed for me to get it. It is my all-time favorite flower.
10. I am really in to video games. I'm the dorkiest girl-gamer ever and FI and I usually have daily conversations about upcoming video games that we're stoked about lol.
11. I can have an entire conversation using only Simpsons and Family Guy quotes, some find it hilarious and others think it's really nerdy and annoying lol.
12. I am a self-taught flutist and I played in a marching band for a number of years.
13. Some of my closest friends are people I met in online video games, maybe I'll get to meet up with them someday haha.
14. My FMIL really doesn't like me lol I mean REALLY. I don't know why but she'll take a swipe at me with her biting remarks any chance she can get. I've tried to talk to her about this before but she just pretends she didn't hear me say anything about it and starts talking about something else entirely lol.
15. I have two sisters, two step-brothers, and a half-brother. I've only met my half-brother once and it was because we met my dad for lunch, which is also the last time I saw or spoke to my dad. I hope that one day I can get in touch with my brother because I want to be a part of his life, but now is not the right time unfortunately. I don't even know if he knows that he has sisters.
16. I live in Canada but I hate winter, I hate everything about it, the cold, the snow, the bleak grey sky.
17. I don't know what I would do without my mom and I tell her often that we're just going to live forever so I won't have to worry about not having her! lol It's a nice delusion.
18. I believe that Canada's judicial system is flawed in many ways but I don't have any suggestions to improve it that would make everyone happy.
19. I could subsist on Kraft Dinner forever if I had to, I love that stuff...especially with clamato juice (yes I'm strange lol).
20. I was the only girl at my high school grad to wear a black dress. I didn't want black because it was goth but because it is truly one of my favorite colors to wear and if I would, my wedding dress would probably be black too lol.
21. I've dated some real "winners" back in the day. My step-dad nicknamed one of them "Lurch" (cause he really did look like Lurch from the Adam's Family)...lol
22. I saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 probably about eight times in the movie theater haha.
23. FI and I usually see a movie in the theater at least once a week, sometimes more.
24. I love fast food, but it doesn't love me back lol.
25. I have a personal trainer, he's worth the money but I am so sore all the damn time because of the crazy things he has me do
Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:59 PM
1. I have been avoiding this list since it first started going around a few weeks ago. I think it's going to be hard as shit to come up with 25 things!
2. I want to own my own home more then anything in the world.
3. I am still at the point where I would much rather have puppies then babies.
4. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding days, Jamaica and the reception at home were perfect! Oh wait, I would perhaps change that I got so upset that everyone was watching us do our first dance. That was hard.
5. I love my husband, but still find it weird that I have a "husband" or that I am a "wife". Such grown up words.
6. I am addicted to tv and dark chocolate.
7. I hate the color black, it's so boring. I probably only own less then 10 things that are black and they are mostly underwear, socks and tights.
8. I wear knee socks everyday cuz I am always cold.
9. I barely ever shave my legs in the winter, like 2-3/month. Luckily I am blonde.
10. After years and years of debt, I finally have none!
11. I cannot wait to get lasik surgery. Actually, I probably want that more then I want a house.
12. I seem to have trouble sleeping now that I am "older". I used to be able to sleep forever, now I have trouble falling asleep most nights and definately have trouble waking up every morning.
13. I feel very lucky to have the family and inlaws that I do and that they all get along with each other.
14. I suck at cleaning. Not that I hate to do it, even though I do, but I just suck at it. Except the dishes and laundry.
15. I am terrified of crashing my car when the weather is bad. I only had one accident in the snow a few years ago on my birthday, and it wasn't even bad, but it scared the crap out of me.
16. I am also terrified of the steps were I live when it's snowy/icy. We live in the 2nd/3rd floor apt and the steps to get to it are outside. I was so worried walking down the steps yesterday to take Sugar out that I considered sitting on my butt and taking it one at a time.
17. I miss my friends.
18. I wish I had more friends that were local to were I live now, but I am not really great with new people.
19. Can't wait to buy a house and then get a job were the commute doesn't waste 3+ hours everyday! Yayyyy!
20. I miss my old co-worked Juanita, but am so glad that Kristy replaced her cuz we kinda have the same relationship.
21. I have huge self-image issues that goes back to my birth probably. I wanted to be skinny like "Michael" when I was like 4-5. Yes, that's Michael Jackson. Nic, Er - "Carrots are luscious."
22. I was obsessed with Michael Jackson when I was little.
23. I never liked the NKOTB. Surprising, I know.
24. I have 2 tattoos and want lots more. I heart them.
25. It only took me about 10 minutes to complete this, I am shocked at that.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:47 PM
1. I hate the smell of frying ground beef. If it's happening in our house, I'm in the other room with the windows open.
2. I love to read and average 1-2 books a week depending on whether or not I get a seat on the train to/from work.
3. I pride myself on my vocabulary skills, but my FI always beats me at scrabble.
4. In high school, I was on the cover of the local newspaper, together with 2 of my friends, enacting a school bus accident for the volunteer firemen to learn how to assess injuries. I had putty (brain matter) coming out of my forehead. It was pretty cool.
5. In 2005, I traveled to Europe by myself for 3 weeks. It was one of the most terrifying decisions I've ever made, but I loved every minute of it.
6. When I laugh really hard, I don't make any noise, which ends up being even funnier.
7. I hated sushi the first 3 times I tried it. Now I love it.
8. In Grade 12, I dyed my hair koolaid red and I thought my grandma would kill me. I couldn't get it out of my hair and had to gradually bleach it out at the hairdressers.
9. I am named after my great-grandmother and a huge pet peeve of mine is when people spell my name wrong.
10. I love banana peppers and will put them on anything.
11. I used to have both my bellybutton and my nose pierced. Now I have neither.
12. One deciding factor in taking the Legal Assistant program was that it didn't have a math requirement (lol awful!)
13. I need to listen to music all the time. Especially at work.
14. Sometimes I sing to my FI instead of talking to him, just to make him laugh. Sometimes he'll do it too.
15. One book I can read again and again is "Pride and Prejudice".
16. I hate to clean and one day want to hire a cleaning lady so I don't have to.
17. If I wasn't a paralegal, I would want to be a writer, book editor, or a tour guide to some cool historical site.
18. I hate to fly...I mean HATE it.
19. I am scared of clowns. All clowns.
20. When my FI and I first started dating, we noticed that we had the exact same tv, coffee pot and knife set.
21. I only eat bananas when they are green and crunchy. The first spot of brown, and it's up to my FI to eat them.
22. I love candy and could eat it every day. That's why we don't keep it in the house.
23. I talk to my mom every day.
24. I eat Wendy's chili with cheese and hot sauce at least 3 days a week for lunch.
25. I am convinced my mom's house is haunted, and even though a few years ago she had her house blessed, I'd still never stay there by myself overnight.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:41 PM
1.My bro's bday is Nov 11, sisters is Nov 10 and my due date was Nov 12, thought that was neat, BUT.. I wound up being 2 months premature ;o)
2.I was arrested for shop lifting when I was 13, I stole a pair of $10 tights. When my mom came to get me I told her "it wasnt me" so she left me in jail until i told the truth. Needless to say I never stole a thing ever again.
3.I find myself worrying more and more about my parents now that I love further away from them
4.When I was little I was obsessed with unicorns and I know it's immature but I still love them. I told Carly once that I will get a white horse and put a horn on it ;o) I will.
5.I miss my dog Ted so much. My heart is broken b/c he isnt here anymore ( bohoo
6.I'm normally not spiteful but there is ONE girl who I wish bad things for- her name will be kept anonymous. Don't worry, its none of you haha
7.I love tattoos and I wish I didn't have a job where they're not allowed b/c I'd have an upper sleeve
8.I have dreams I die in a car accident
9.I look more like my dad- grn eyes, brown hair and freckles- while my siblings look more like my mom- blue eyes, blond hair and clear skin (lucky for them)
10.A pet peeve of mine is ass kissers- like this guy sitting next to me in work! I have never and will never kiss anyone's ass, I don't care who they are. We all bleed the same!
11.I hate math, banks and anything to do with finances so I'm not sure why I have worked for banks most of my life
12.I realize now how lucky I am to have my family, they are the best
13.Of course we all have our secrets. I have one that I will take with me to the grave.
14.The other day when I went to take a nap for 3 hrs and then took a long hot shower, did my nails and pampered myself, I realized when I have kids, I won't be able to do that
15.I have a large tattoo of a dragon/phoenix on my back that is a cover up of my first tattoo - which was a symbol meaning "heaven", I kinda wish I never covered it b/c it had meaning
16.I still think Natalie Halloway is alive!! She was sold to be a sex slave and I hope they find her!
17.I suffered from sleep paralysis when i was 15, I slept with in my moms room for a few months b/c I was scared to go to sleep it was so bad
18.When I was 15, I lost my bf to suicide and I still think of him often. I wonder if he would have wound up like most of his friends which are all mostly junkies or if he would have taken a better path- I like the second one!
19.I did shrooms years ago and will never do them again b/c I had the scariest experience ever
20.I like listening to classical music and relaxing
21.I love that fi picked out my engagement ring all on his own and did such a fantastic job ;o)
22.I want to get smart lipo on my thighs and my 10 lbs ass cheeks but probably never will b/c I dont want to be put under
23.I talk to my sister every morning driving into work, or on the way home from work
24.My first kiss was in the snow to a boy who i had a crush on, we were xmas caroling. It wasn't a "real" kiss, just a peck but to me then, it meant so much! haha
25.One of my many wishes- I wish I was in the victoria secrets swimsuit magazine. ahhhh in my dreams.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:04 PM
2. I wish I could eat seafood or fish, but I cant stand the taste.
3. I have blue eyes, but wear green contacts.
4. I have curly/wavy hair but blow dry and straighten it every day since Grade 9
5. I wear mascara and straighten my hair even if Im having a PJ day at home.
6. Big Mac combos are the bane of my existence... and my ass.
7. I wish FI would let me quit my job, so I could play sports and do karate everyday.
8. I hate my job.
9. I had purple hair and an eyebrow ring in highschool and I did too much acid.
10. I cant believe Im 31 this month -- Im not sure Im grown up enough to be 31.
11. I cant believe my Mom is going to be 60 this year -- that makes me giggle.
12. I prefer water over pop.
13. I could eat vanilla birthday cake with buttercream icing every day.
14. I hate my real name "Kathleen". (No offense to other Kathleen's)
15. I am a spelling Natzi -- however, Im sure something in my post is spelled wrong. Ha.
16. I think Im too sarcastic.
17. I miss my Dad and my first dog.
18. I played trombone and baritone in Grade 9 band.
19. I fell off a picnic table and did a face plant in a packed bar during Frosh week and got kicked out for being too drunk. Problem was -- I hadnt been drinking, Im just an idiot.
20. I love brussel sprouts.
21. I miss my friends, and I hate the town we live in.
22. Im stand-offish.
23. One of my cats has 3 legs. He's the BEST pet Ive ever owned. I will need bereavement from work when he dies.
24. Im convinced Im OCD or bipolar -- or maybe just a hypochondriac.
25. Best book I ever read - Dead Men Do Tell Tales. Its written by a forensic anthropologist. Awesome.
Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:10 PM
Sloan - OMG, you remind me so much of me after I read your list...and you're right, you misspelled "Natzi" should be Nazi hehehe
Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:13 PM
So sad for the 15 year old you. I rmember that well.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users