Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3531 ericka417

ericka417
  • Site Supporter
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

BIG FEET WOMEN UNITE!!  Let mew know where you can get 12's outside zappos and ill be your friend for life

Originally Posted by Gin Bootles 

lol i have to say i wear the same shoe size! i am 5' 11" and wear a size 12 shoe! lol too funny! if you find your shoes first lemme know! lol i am thinking flats! or for the dress.. eeeekkkkk idk

#3532 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
    • 260 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

i have found lots on ebay, and also on payless shoe store

Originally Posted by ericka417 

BIG FEET WOMEN UNITE!!  Let mew know where you can get 12's outside zappos and ill be your friend for life

All because, two people fell in love!

#3533 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Ok, I guess I am a special mutant, a 00p bride is rare, and most of the sample dress was in size 8 or 10!  They put like 5 clips or more ..sometimes extra hands from humans to hold the dress on me.  Dress shopping was a weird experience.  However, it is VERY important to try on diff style and color before ordering! Don't just judge based on pics, unless you are a super model mutant!

vbbbtk,

As I mentioned, ask a tailor or seamtress to take ur measurements ( DON'T DIY, I repeat...no DIY or u will regret it), and tell the dressmaker your concerns.  For example, like myself, I look like a bamboo mutant, so I make sure that the dressmaker add EXTRA features to keep the dress holding up.  I repeated several time that the measurements MUST be exact, or else..the dress will slide down.  My bestpal is a Barrel Mutant like a 42-40-43, so I made sure the dressmaker add extra bones, extra stiffness to give the dress an A-shape..so she doesn't look like a burrito.  Be precise, exact..and repeat several times...and please be nice to the rep...build a good relationship will also help a lot! 

Joanne,

If you wanna sit down and an easy to make dress...Dress #1

If you wanna look like a curvy mermaid goddess, and don't expect to sit on a chair with the dress (i.e. if you got another more comfy reception dress), then dress #2 is the one.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3534 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gin Bootles 

lol i have to say i wear the same shoe size! i am 5' 11" and wear a size 12 shoe! lol too funny! if you find your shoes first lemme know! lol i am thinking flats! or for the dress.. eeeekkkkk idk

Ladies, I have good news (especially if you're American), I found my shoes on Barefoot Tess (barefoottess.com) and they have some GORGEOUS shoes and only carry sizes 9 and up!!  Here are my fabulous shoes, I bought the shoe clips on Etsy so they'd match my necklace:

ShoesNecklace.jpg

Here are the shoes by themselves:

madelinegabeanblack013.jpg

Aren't they fabulous for a size 12?  I'm completely in love with them!  They are a little big on me though, so if you're going to order any Madeline shoes and you can sometimes fit into a size 11, then maybe go with the 11 instead of the 12 :)  I got them delivered to Canada and had to pay somewhere around $20 in tax when they arrived, but if you're American then that shouldn't be a problem.

Now back to the dress talk   lol!

#3535 noelles

noelles
          • Site Supporter
          • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

oooo I love new friends for life, I found a place that custom makes shoes, I have incredibly wide feet and thought, I am not gonna have anything pretty at all, prices are reasonable any style u want custom made for you...I know right

https://www.milkandh...0sf2486sm9fv855

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#3536 maybe123

maybe123
            • Banned
            • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

No matter knock-off or not,quality and satisfaction is more important.

#3537 lleow2

lleow2
              • Banned
              • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

I'm not sure what happened with my previous account I couldnt post up any replies, but here is my dress i ordered from one-stopos. They typically do 8 bones. Babyonline said they usually do 6

bones. Aussie-2 ordered the same dress from Babyonline- msg1313028980511reduced.jpgmsg1312972790700 (2) reduced.jpgbeading.jpg

#3538 lleow2

lleow2
                • Banned
                • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:57 AM

I love this post!! phucking Queen Vic style!! hahah so funny!

Yeah guys do like the sexy dresses dont they? I'm having my wedding back home in malaysia - and i realise i'm quite conservative-- don't like to show much cleavage or anything- especially when i consider all the gossipy great aunts etc who'll turn their nose at any sexiness.  But destination wedding brides probably won't have too many gossipy great aunts to worry about!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Cookie,

hmmm...I am a guys' chick, I don't have that many girls within my social circle.  I would have to say...guys don't like puffy dresses in general.  . they refer the style as...the phucking Queen Victoria dress...again I am a Canuck, so maybe other men in other countries like different things (there must be a market if that dress is in a store).  Most of the guys would just pretend to be...WOW when they saw their wife in...Queen Vic style..and thinks..thx god this is just a 1 day thing.  Just ask my FI, an european, he was just like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~.

From what I heard from guys about wedding dress:

1) no phucking Queen Vic style (even most of us love the big puffy ones)

2) smth that shows the curve = yes

3) sexy =yes

4) puffy = no

5) grandmom style with sleeves=no

6) spare tires popping out = no

7) midget looking= no

too much spilling out =no

9) too expensive = no...they won't value a Vera Wang as much as we do

10) Why is my wife  wearing this hideous dress? w.t.f.m.f that was she was thinking? it must been her mom's choice! Evil MIL!

#3539 lleow2

lleow2
                  • Banned
                  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

I like Dress No 2 too! If you look for Gracie Murano's posts I think babyonline made one similar to Dress No 2 for her-- I think Babyonline should be able to make yours given their success with hers?

#3540 Agus

Agus
                    • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Yes! I like to pay the talented, not the middle man. If I could sew a dress my self, I would cut out my China connections and make the most beautiful dress I can imagine, and guess what, I would glady get pricey on the material because in the end, MY name is inside the dress. But, unfortunately I am not talented so I do what I do. I see way too many dresses for 1000 bucks that I would wish on my worst enemy to not be happy a pretty and custom-fitting dress for a fifth of the price.

PS, my fiance and I looked at dresses together, he was in awe at 2 of them. One was a-line and not poofy, and the other was utter ballroom poof.

I guess in the end, the question is, "Does this dress  make me look good, or do I make this dress look good?" I want to make my dress look good. Afterall, I am the friggin bride.

BTW, this is an excellent forum! Thanks to all of you who have participated with your honest thoughts!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users