Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3151 cincychick35

• 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

I am interested in having a replica dress made.  Here is a picture of the dress I love.  Which company would you recommend?  I am also a plus size bride so please keep that in mind with your recommendations.

Thanks ladies!4367.jpg

#3152 gracimurano

• Banned
    • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hi  Joanne,

I didn't ask for anything different, this was Babyonline 'interpretation' of the dress LOL. Also, the dress is not separete top and bottom, i think it just look that way because it's a little too tight in the bottom (I asked it a little tight because I'm losing weight - I've lost 15 pounds since I first ordered the dress). I'm also planning on removing a few layers of the tule under the skirt so my dress isn't so fluffy. What do you girls think?

The V back is a little different, but actually I ended up liking even more this way. I think that when ordering a dress, if you like a specific detail of the original dress, you have to mention and insist on it with the girls.. like I insisted on the lace... because it isn't a exactaly copy..

But i'm happy with it. I do plan to take it to a seamtress to make small adjustments...

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

I agree gracimurano, it does look great on you.

Can I ask though, did you ask for the back to be different (not come down in a V)?

Also the original one looks like one piece instead of two seperate top and bottom, did you request this also?

#3153 gracimurano

• Banned
      • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Ginger and Prettypig,

I'm still waiting to see what it comes out of my new dress, I think i will like it better. But if it doesn't arrive on time, I'll be happy to marry the most wonderful man on planet using this dress... (That pretty much says it all, I'll be happy marring him even wearing a blank sheet!! I can't believe I only have 32 days left!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

It is a bit different than the original, but it looks very nice on u.

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

I agree with Prettypig, the dress looks lovely on you.

#3154 birdiedudu

• 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

I ordered a dress from Topbridaldress website last month because the price was so low and their real photos of dresses they made before is beautiful. Hopefully it gets here on time and is worth it. If not, oh well my loss.

#3155 JoanneIreland

• 860 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

Gracimurano I think the way the back came out is actually nicer than the original! Looks great on you!

#3156 JA143

• 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

how did it turn out??? i was just scooping the site out...they have a great selection.

#3157 harkatea

• 161 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:16 AM

I received my Light in the Box dress.  I was so worried, but it turned out great!!!  There was one slight problem with it (one of the layers of organza was sewed into the dress), so I contacted the company and they refunded me half the cost of the dress.  That was way more than alterations to fix it cost!  So all in all, I got a $90 dress and it is amazing!  Right now it's at alterations though, so I don't have any pictures :(

#3158 bluegun

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

This looks beautiful ,,      

#3159 bluegun

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

it is  very beautiful ,i like it very  much ,thnks for your  advice

#3160 cloudlio

• Banned
                    • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

This clothes look so nice 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users