Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2371 jennifersyble

jennifersyble
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

this is interesting. I guess it would be great for a ttd to modeled after your dress so it has the same vibe as your wedding.

#2372 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
    • 528 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

If people type comments and don't mean it then why type it.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Oh I think we all know Miss Pretty Pig did not mean her comments as an insult. I'm sure it was all about the price tag associated with the dress. Let's not forget this is a Knockoff thread where we spend on average 200 dollars. And by the way, how many times have we all joked on this thread about our "big poofie dresses". I'll be the first to say that mine looks like a lace doily or a tablecloth but I love it just the same. I mean c'mon really ladies, we dress up in these big white dresses, adorn our heads with tiaras, flowers, veils, jewels etc etc, and what? expect that we can't poke fun at ourselves and each other. None of us are queens, or princesses. Except for me that is...lol We need to have a sense of humor. That's all. I for one love snarky comments. I add them to my data base and use them at a later date. hehehe.

#2373 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

LOL Msjulie5475..GEEZ...I am sure (and I mean I am sure) that you are NOT a politician or a lawyer!  Maybe you should send that msg to both houses (Senates and Congress).

Ginger is right, I didn't meant to insult the choice of the dress. I MEAN it is a personal taste and choice.

Hmm..maybe I should make a t-shirt with the msg: "I am MEAN! and I MEAN IT!" pretty cool...pretty cool~

If people type comments and don't mean it then why type it.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Oh I think we all know Miss Pretty Pig did not mean her comments as an insult. I'm sure it was all about the price tag associated with the dress. Let's not forget this is a Knockoff thread where we spend on average 200 dollars. And by the way, how many times have we all joked on this thread about our "big poofie dresses". I'll be the first to say that mine looks like a lace doily or a tablecloth but I love it just the same. I mean c'mon really ladies, we dress up in these big white dresses, adorn our heads with tiaras, flowers, veils, jewels etc etc, and what? expect that we can't poke fun at ourselves and each other. None of us are queens, or princesses. Except for me that is...lol We need to have a sense of humor. That's all. I for one love snarky comments. I add them to my data base and use them at a later date. hehehe.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2374 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

yeap, a good way to save the original $8000 dress for resale.

Originally Posted by jennifersyble 

this is interesting. I guess it would be great for a ttd to modeled after your dress so it has the same vibe as your wedding.

Bonnie

#2375 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
          • Banned
          • 253 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

um... I meant what I said...does that count...is that what you mean? I think maybe the issue is "the interpretation of what was said"  hehehehe pass the popcorn...this is better than the TV tonight...ahahahahaha 

"He's my Lobster"

#2376 m00sie

m00sie
            • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Bummer! Perhaps you could ask them to take a pic of the lace options they have. If their lace isn't good enough, you could try ebay. At least then you sort of know what you are getting! It's a gorgeous dress btw.

Originally Posted by magirl 

I am not near any great fabric places, i'd have to drive down to NY and that would cost me more than the dress with hotel costs.. soooo nah.

Ginger your dress is lovely! I can't pull off spagetti straps which is why i'm having them change the dress. That way all my flab is covered! lol

#2377 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

ok back to $400 and below per dress biz...so much distraction from the $6K duster salesperson, the mommy telling her kids are rude, and the politician wannabe...(YES I am MEAN, and I MEAN IT!)  it is weird to find these on this thread, but I guess it takes a bit of abnormal in order for us to feel that we are normal.

Magirl,

you have to ask them to send a sample pic of lace or dress that they made in the past in the same/similar style.  So you know what to expect.  It is very important, because you don't wanna disappoint yourself.  They also have a gallery of their finish products, so u can see the end results.

Ginger,

I went to watch Kitchen nightmare and Fringe! and played with my Chows.in the snow!

Bonnie

#2378 imara11

imara11
                • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

ok, so I'm pretty sure I read a post about this earlier, but I can't find it, can you please let me know how I can find Monica Bridal on dhgate? I've been looking but I cant find them! a link would be helpful too! thanks!

#2379 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                  • Banned
                  • 253 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Thanks Magirl.  I love it!    PrettyPig : interesting choice of tv watching...kinda dark...why am I not suprised?  I do not mean that as an insult - just so's ya know.

"He's my Lobster"

#2380 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

ok, so I'm pretty sure I read a post about this earlier, but I can't find it, can you please let me know how I can find Monica Bridal on dhgate? I've been looking but I cant find them! a link would be helpful too! thanks!

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users