Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1721 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Sample dresses, 2nd hand dresses, replica or custom made from China are all great options.  For those who wants a Vera Wang, she will launch a new collection with Davids' bridal with dresses range from $600-$1500, a cheaper way and still it is a Vera Wang.  Of course, I also saw on another forum, in which a few brides (around the same size) all pitch in to buy and share 1 Vera Wang dress.

Attached Files

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1722 coolashellmel

coolashellmel
    • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

I just finally placed my order at Gianinar! I had been waiting and waiting and trying to decide who to go with and I finally picked them. I'm getting this dress  http://www.jennyyoo....natives01d.html

It's a fairly simple design so I'm crossing my fingers they have no problem! and the $120 I'm paying is a lot better than the $825 designer one!

I will post pics as soon as I get them!

-Mel

-MEL

#1723 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Very pretty Mel! Congrats!

Never even thought of the idea of sharing a dress! But who get's it first lol

#1724 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Congrats Mel! We can't wait to see the pictures.

Lisa - I thought about a second hand dress, but am too worried about bad luck from another marriage. I know it can be considered bad luck in certain cultures. My mom is going to be concerned enough if she finds out I ordered a dress without trying it on!

#1725 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

Ya not sure how i would feel about that either to be honest. Ah what the hell this only happens once in a lifetime (hopefully lol) Go with whatever tickles your fancy and fits within your budget. Shhh I won't tell if you don't! hahaha

#1726 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
            • Banned
            • 253 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Isn't it great to live in a country where freedom of choice is an option :) 

I say do whatever feels right.

I for one refuse to spend thousands on a dress for a few hours when I can get two for 800.  I exercised two options:

one sample Pronovias 699 dollars, one knock off Deere Kiang, 140 dollars, satisfaction in knowing I get to where two poufie dresses in one day for 839 dollars, PRICELESS.  But that's just me cuz I'm a princess.

Ginger

"He's my Lobster"

#1727 janapana

janapana
              • 591 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Isn't it great to live in a country where freedom of choice is an option :) 

I say do whatever feels right.

I for one refuse to spend thousands on a dress for a few hours when I can get two for 800.  I exercised two options:

one sample Pronovias 699 dollars, one knock off Deere Kiang, 140 dollars, satisfaction in knowing I get to where two poufie dresses in one day for 839 dollars, PRICELESS.  But that's just me cuz I'm a princess.

Ginger

LOVE IT!!!!

#1728 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Appears this princess doesn't know how to spell or should maybe stay away from the computer whilst drinking wine :) where=wear

Ginger

"He's my Lobster"

#1729 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Appears this princess doesn't know how to spell or should maybe stay away from the computer whilst drinking wine :) where=wear

Ginger

ha ha ha...yes I told you that if you find a sample dress, and it is within ur budget..go GET IT!

Seriously sample dress is the best option if you know what you want and like what u see in the mirror.  As for me, a size 0 or less sample dress is SUPER RARE ( I don't want a flower girl dress!..LOL), and I was looking for smth very different.  Thus I went to the second option, custom made by Chinese folks.

There is no way I would go for a second hand dress, because in Chinese culture, it is good when that first hand owner's marriage is good, and it is bad if she ends up in divorce.  Given divorce rate is like 50% here, thx but really... no thx.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1730 adcarter41

adcarter41
                    • 188 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hey everybody! This thread is great! After reading through hours of posts I was totally sold on going the knockoff route. I fell in love with the Pronovias 2011 Abaco dress in a bridal shop when I tried it on but can't justify spending over $1000 of our already tiny budget on a dress I would be wearing for a few short hours. I found a seller on DHgate with 100% positive feedback named "babyonline" that said they would make the dress for $115! I just ordered it and am feeling a bit nervous but for that price it is totally worth the risk. They said it would only take 10 days to make. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users