Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1621 Ginger1961

• Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

So excited for you and cannot wait to see this dress lisadias.  Pictures please.

"He's my Lobster"

#1622 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

OMG! Finally.  Pictures ASAP please!

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Newest update! The dress has landed! It is at Canada Customs in Vancouver! Shouldn't be long now I guess! YAY

#1623 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hi Ladies.  I got some pics of myself in the dress.  I did them myself, so they aren't great, but they give you an idea of what its like on.

Its hard to see the train as I couldn't really arrange it myself, but the pics should give you an idea.  I also decided I might still thicken the back up a bit more :)

Okay, so the pics are massive so I couldn't put them here directly, so I created a album on my profile.  Its called 'final dress' .  Hope you can see it.  Let me know if there are any issues.

Here's a sneak peak, detailed pics of lining, lace etc in the album.

#1624 prettypigpig

• Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

Can't wait to see the pics!!!...

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1625 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Marzm-The dress is absolutely beautiful on you. It fits you like a glove! Gorgeous workmanship on the embroidery, lace and every single detail. I love it!!!! :)  One for knock offs, zero for haute couture lol :)

#1626 Karen&Rene

• 190 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi ladies,

I am so glad I found this thread!  I actually purchased a dress locally for $800 in March, only to be told 6 months before the wedding that they "no longer feel comfortable" completing the order because they've had some issues with the designer.  So... time to start the search again!  I found a dress I absolutely loved, but it was over $3,500!  I am considering having it made by Monica Bridal or Duosheng.

Right now Monica Bridal quoted me $135 which is AMAZING, but I'm a little nervous about it since I've only found two examples of finished dresses.  I figure worst case scenario, I could just use it for my TTD.  Also, as an FYI to girls who have recently ordered their dresses from Monica Bridal, I asked them if they would send me photos of the finished dress before they shipped it so that I could communicate any necessary changes, and they said they could do it.  Still haven't heard back from Duosheng, but here are photos of the original dress I want.  I love the rose detail; do you think Monica Bridal will be able to replicate it?  I don't want to end up with a separate flower that's just glued on to the dress, lol.

wedding dress front.jpgwedding dress back.jpg

#1627 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Lisa, did you pick yours up from the post-office?

Very pretty Karen.  They'll be able to do a great job on that!  Would you get it in that colour too.

#1628 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

No Marzm it hasn't arrived yet! I am hoping it's here before the weekend so i can have some friends come over and help me do it up (corset) so i can take pics but I am not feeling too confident right now that it will but I will keep you all posted! 

#1629 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

Okay.  Ill keep checking!  I'm now dieing to see it. lol

#1630 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

Marzm, the dress looks awesome! You must be ecstatic :) 

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users