Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1461 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

LOL!  I totally know the one!  And no kidding!  Some people just don't think! 

Bahahaha Missy!! " I picture it twirling through the air!" I would so do that too!

That reminds me of that paper towel commercial where the lady throws the wedding gown on the KITCHEN counter... I don't care what kind of paper towels you use lady WTF are you doing?! 

#1462 Monique

Monique
    • 415 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

OMG I went to the DH Gate site and I must say I need to stop looking or I'm going to go crazy..I found 2 dresses that look a lot like the Temperley London one that i LOVE...with the exception of some bunching in the butt in one of them...I'm going wedding dress crazy because they're soooo many I like well at least 3 I would really consider...I may save the Nicole Miller for the AHR!  

Originally Posted by mimi73 

The Nicole Miller is lovely.... but wowee LOVE the Temperley London one! I haven't seen that designer before!

#1463 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
      • 376 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

lol I know what you mean.  I'm tempted to just buy 3 dresses (would still cost me less than one dress locally!) and take them all with me and see which one fits my mood when I wake up the morning of my wedding!

Originally Posted by Monique 

OMG I went to the DH Gate site and I must say I need to stop looking or I'm going to go crazy..I found 2 dresses that look a lot like the Temperley London one that i LOVE...with the exception of some bunching in the butt in one of them...I'm going wedding dress crazy because they're soooo many I like well at least 3 I would really consider...I may save the Nicole Miller for the AHR!  

#1464 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

Lisa - I got an msg reply from her last night and they added my dress as an item!

On another note, we had our engagement session last night and was told that they would not charge extra for coming to our wedding if we purchased a $2000 package. My mom offered to spend up to $1500 on my dress, so if my dhgate dress turns out as well as anticipated maybe now she'll put that money towards pictures and we can afford to bring our own photographers!!!!!

So happy!!! I can have my dream dress and dream pictures.

#1465 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

That's awesome Mocha! :) It's seems to all be coming together. Have you paid for the dress yet? I was going to today but couldn't reach them with one last question so i may wait till tonight or tomorrow but i am so anxious to get that dress lol

#1466 Monique

Monique
            • 415 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

I know it's sooooo overwhelming...I'm just going to print pics of the ones I think I love and find stores that have something similar to get a feel of how it will look and go from there....but yes I'm looking at the pics and telling myself I could easily do two more and decide from there....Gluttonous!

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

lol I know what you mean.  I'm tempted to just buy 3 dresses (would still cost me less than one dress locally!) and take them all with me and see which one fits my mood when I wake up the morning of my wedding!

#1467 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Cookie,

My dress is a goddess empire waist style, mermaid satin skirt underneath with an A-line tulle overlay on top.  I got the inspirations from a dress in the Enzoani 2010 collection, but I added my own twists.  Thus it is a custom dress which my sis said it looks like the Sailormoon dress.  I ordered it in late April after 2-3 months of research and communicating with different dressmakers, and got it in early July.  However, they warned me that they need more time to make my dress, because I asked for so much beadings (such as pearls, sequins, crystals on the bodice, on the tulle and on the satin) and lace appliques on the hem..oh plus a super long matching veil with the same lace and beadings.  Therefore, I think if you are ordering a maggie dress, they will take 10-15 days to make it instead of 2 months.  They sent it thru EMS, and the Canadian customs didn't pick it for random checks...so I didn't pay any charges/taxes.

Here is the link to the pics of my dress. warning: I took them after work while my FI was away with my tripod, so...the lighting wasn't good..and I looked very blah, so please just focus on the dress.

prettypigpig -- when you ordered your dress from them, did you just send them pictures of the dress you wanted and have them replicate it, or did you have them make any custom changes to it?  How long did it take?  What were the Canadian customs charges like when it got to you?

Sorry if you've already answered these questions already... way too many posts to dig through lol.  You seem to be really happy with your dress so you're a good person to ask!  :)

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1468 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Monique,

I would recommend you to goto a bridal store and try on different style of dresses before buying one online based on the model pic.

A lot of brides who ordered online got disappointed because the reality is a bit far from what they imagined at the beginning.  Sometimes, they said..never a mermaid style, and found out after a trial session that..they look the best in mermaid style!  I tried on numerous of tons of dresses and got very discourage (due to the ugly styles and my super tiny body that doesn't fit in a size 10 sample dress) before I decided to order online with a chinese dressmaker.

If you find a designer dress that u like at a deep discount at a bridal store like in a sample sale, just get it (if it is within ur budget)!  So that u can have a peace of mind.  Because order online is risky, and can make you very nervous.

Originally Posted by Monique 

I know it's sooooo overwhelming...I'm just going to print pics of the ones I think I love and find stores that have something similar to get a feel of how it will look and go from there....but yes I'm looking at the pics and telling myself I could easily do two more and decide from there....Gluttonous!

Bonnie

#1469 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

I did it ladies! Dress is ordered. OMG i am so excited. Should be here no later than Sept 27th!!!!!! :)

#1470 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Congrats Lisa!

Bonnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users