Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post

 

Here are the pics!!

700

 

700

 

700

 

i love it! you look stunning and timeless. congrats on your dress. i too have intentions of ordering from jasmines! i cant wait :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt View Post

 

My dress was from Jasmines.  With everything including the veil it was about $500 - Not bad at all for what I got.. My fave part was the belt... That was the only part I brought home with me... Some lovely Dominican housekeeper may be sauntering around Punta Cana in my beautiful dress!

 

Thanks ladies!! And Good luck Uhura!! Almost time - It goes SOO quickly - enjoy every second of it!!

 

wtf donna.... you left your dress in dominica?? :o  why didnt u keep it for memories? or better yet sell it too me?? lol im size 14 but i would have squeezed my fat arse in that dress. lmfao but you get my drift. you should not have left her there that was mean!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post

 

Here are the pics!!

700

 

700

 

700

 

how much did this dress cost? was it premium or designer grade? i love it!  also what is the name of the dress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@brownskingirl - I travel a lot - and it just didn't make sense to keep it!  I must say, it was a sad goodbye... (Glad I didn't spend THOUSANDS on it!) I'll always have the photos!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt View Post

 

@brownskingirl - I travel a lot - and it just didn't make sense to keep it!  I must say, it was a sad goodbye... (Glad I didn't spend THOUSANDS on it!) I'll always have the photos!!

I might do the same thing.  It's rough to lug that thing around and my scuba equipment too? No thanks. Taking it from the states to Cayman will be enough headache for me.  I don't see the point of keeping it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls!!

 

 

    Iâ€m not getting married yet (well just waiting for the proposal love.gif haha), but Iâ€m that kind of girl that looks for wedding dresses in the internet even not being engaged! 

 

 

    And I felt in love with this forum, and with Jasmineâ€s bridal shop but…
Of course I didnâ€t read everything yet, so maybe this was already responded before.. but Iâ€ll ask anyway: specially for the brides in Europe, how was it with the custom taxes? I heard that they are really severe with that in Portugal (from where Iâ€m from) now, and that sometimes people also have problems, like have to wait a lot before getting what they ordered from the custom.. and doing some math I think that
 for example, if we order a 600€ dress (with shipping) we have to pay around 200€ in taxes (the dress would then be 800€!), but even worse I would panic if I had to wait one month between the shipping and having the dress!!! =O

 

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DH gate was a total letdown for me.  The first dress I ordered from some company was horrible, very cheap fabric. Ill use it for the trash the dress because its good for picture. The second dress I ordered wasnt made in time, so I had to get a refund (which I did thankfully). The third dress I ordered from babyonline, and was very excited about it. I ordered bridesmaids dresses and they were very nice and well made.

 

But they dropped the ball on the most important thing. I needed to have the dress here by the end of february and they didn't tell me anything until I wrote them two weeks before to check and be sure that it was on its way and see picture. They told me they wouldnt be able to make it in time because of new years and the snow storm the factory wasn't working.

So I was left without a dress for the reception. 

 

Thank God I bought a White by Vera Wang on sale from David's bridal as my ceremony option. Ill end up using the same one for both, or use a gorgeous Two by Rosa Clara that my cousin gave to me (she wore for her wedding).

 

Im not thrilled about wearing her dress for the reception, even though its a gorgeous $8k dress its not what I would have picked necessarily... But I'm brining it along the wedding cruise as an option in case the first dress gets too dirty during reception (its on a grassy area by the beach).

 

One week until wedding so I can't freak out about it now. It is what it is.

 

But my recommendation is don't use dh gate unless you want it as a second gown option. Be sure you have a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

I might do the same thing.  It's rough to lug that thing around and my scuba equipment too? No thanks. Taking it from the states to Cayman will be enough headache for me.  I don't see the point of keeping it either. 

 

really uhura526 u would do the same thing?? wow! :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by andreann View Post

 

DH gate was a total letdown for me.  The first dress I ordered from some company was horrible, very cheap fabric. Ill use it for the trash the dress because its good for picture. The second dress I ordered wasnt made in time, so I had to get a refund (which I did thankfully). The third dress I ordered from babyonline, and was very excited about it. I ordered bridesmaids dresses and they were very nice and well made.

 

But they dropped the ball on the most important thing. I needed to have the dress here by the end of february and they didn't tell me anything until I wrote them two weeks before to check and be sure that it was on its way and see picture. They told me they wouldnt be able to make it in time because of new years and the snow storm the factory wasn't working.

So I was left without a dress for the reception. 

 

Thank God I bought a White by Vera Wang on sale from David's bridal as my ceremony option. Ill end up using the same one for both, or use a gorgeous Two by Rosa Clara that my cousin gave to me (she wore for her wedding).

 

Im not thrilled about wearing her dress for the reception, even though its a gorgeous $8k dress its not what I would have picked necessarily... But I'm brining it along the wedding cruise as an option in case the first dress gets too dirty during reception (its on a grassy area by the beach).

 

One week until wedding so I can't freak out about it now. It is what it is.

 

But my recommendation is don't use dh gate unless you want it as a second gown option. Be sure you have a backup.

 

wow so sorry you had such bad experience. keep your eye on the prize and that is that amazing man you will be marrying... dont let nothing else ruin your day! :D congrats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×