BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Terilina,

I think you need more pics (clear and which we can see the full dress) in order for a dressmaker to get the full picture of the dress. 

Mimi,

Beautiful dress!

Lisa,

You have to try it on to really feel if it is the one or not.

Wow mimi73 your dress is beautiful, you look fantastic! I¨m thinking about buying a knockoff from ebay, as i already have a dress that my mum bought me, but i´m at least a size smaller since then, and the dress doesn´t look great now. :-(

not sure how to break it to my mum, but there´s no way i can expect her to buy me another one, so i reckon it´s going to have to be a cheap one for me, although looking through these pages at how good everyone looks, i can live with that!!!!!

Thanks ladies I appreciate the thoughts! :)

Ok as promised but a little late.

Review of the dress. I tried it on at work so don't mind the bathroom backround lol

It was too big and long and the boning isn't strong enough for my girls lol and didn't give me that hourglass figure that the original does. Then again it's too big so I couldn't really pull it in tight enough to see as it is a corset back. It needs to be steamed.

It's a beautiful dress and they did a fantastic job on the beading and the overall quality of the dress but the bodice is pleated and the original dress isn't like that. The beading detail is not slanted like the original dress but more straight across the lower waist. It has smaller scattered beadint on the shirt and the lining of the side and bottom of the skirt also which you can't really see in the pics.The petticoat they sent was too small and short and looks silly with the dress. It is supposed to be a-line but doesn't give that effect. I am wearing it in the pics. The train is also longer than I would have liked but hey some brides like a really long train.

I may use it for my trash the dress but will have to have it altered so I am not sure yet i might just sell it and order another one closer to the date after I lose more weight. For the price they charge it is a steal for any bride on a budget.

Here are some pics

rockwood and dress 110.JPGrockwood and dress 113.JPGrockwood and dress 111.JPGrockwood and dress 118.JPGrockwood and dress 107.JPG

And here is a link to the original dress

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=ssm5161&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=SSM5161 

It is a really pretty dress. I like how they did all the details. Did you send in your own measurements? I think if it was altered more to your size it would be better.

But I think it looks a lot better than some Maggie originals. Good luck!

Btw... I asked if Monica Bridal would send pictures before shipping and they agreed!

Thanks Mocha! I did send my own measurements but maybe because it's a corset i should have sent smaller. That's great about the pictures. Too bad that wasn't offered when i ordered cause I would have seen that it was far too long!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

It is a really pretty dress. I like how they did all the details. Did you send in your own measurements? I think if it was altered more to your size it would be better.

But I think it looks a lot better than some Maggie originals. Good luck!

Btw... I asked if Monica Bridal would send pictures before shipping and they agreed!

You have me worried now. I ordered a corset just so that I would have the extra room to tighten the dress if necessary. I did my own measurements and really hope they make the dress a little smaller.

Lisa, I think it looks gorgeous on you!!!!  I do see what you're talking about with the beading, but it still looks realllllly pretty!  I definitely think it would be great for your trash the dress!

I wouldn't worry, maybe i just suck at taking measurements lol

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

You have me worried now. I ordered a corset just so that I would have the extra room to tighten the dress if necessary. I did my own measurements and really hope they make the dress a little smaller.