Which is better...gmail or hotmail?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

So I want to reserve a new email address with my new last name, and I'm not sure whether to use hotmail or gmail. I have a hotmail account now, and I like it, but I've noticed that a lot of people are using gmail these days, so I thought I'd check to see if any of you ladies have used both, and which you prefer?

Any input??

#2 IndianBride

• 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

I love gmail! It took some time to get used to it - but I wouldn't go back to any other email provider now.

#3 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

OMG... G-MAIL IS THE BEST!!! I have both hotmail and g-mail, and I just use my hotmail for junk stuff now. G-mail is the best at filtering spam, has the most space, and keeps your mail so organized. I have all these colored tabs that I can assign to e-mail that I created for pictures, events, wedding, friends, family, flights, shopping, etc... So I never have to delete anything and it's so easy to search for old e-mails. I LOVE G-MAIL!!!

#4 Lilpaisley

• 402 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

I agree that gmail is the better option. I get almost no junk mail there...but toms at hotmail. I now just use my hotmail for junk...and only check it weekly.
          Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009

#5 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

I was going to say hotmail, since that is what I have, until I read Casey's response and now I want gmail too! I love the idea of color coding it and stuff like that. I am anal about my email and hardly ever delete anything, cuz you enver know when you'll need it!

#6 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

You can also chat with other g-mailers and AIM users at the same time through g-chat which I love!

#7 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

GMAIL 100%%
                It saves EVERYTHING you ever send, doesn'T seem like a big deal until something gets lost or your computer gets stolen, then you are really thankfull for this feature!
                And there is NO space limit
                Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#8 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Wow you guys, you've totally convinced me! I can't seem to get used to how to use it though. Casey how do you do the color-coding thing?! I would LOVE that feature!

I'm so excited to use it now but it's under my new last name which I won't have for like another 8 1/2 months so I kinda can't...bummer.

#9 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

100% Gmail.. hands down. For all the reasons Casey mentioned above. It's fantastic.. hotmail does not even compare to it.

#10 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

i would have gmail both both the kids have accounts thru me which is yahoo. i like it because its fairly user friendly and i can access it from my lame-o phone internet too.

if i ever have to get rid of yahoo for some reason i will switch to gmail for sure. the only reason we got yahoo is because doug had yahoo forever and i never used to have an email besides work until we got our computer a couple years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users