Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:28 AM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:57 AM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:51 AM
We are expecting 50-100 guests, ranging in all ages. We decided on RM/Playa because it seems more quiet and intimate for a wedding. The hotels I love are all too pricey. I love Royal Playa del Carmen, but they don't allow kids. I love Grand Velas, but $$$$. I would love a Tulum wedding, but the land travel is too much for older guests. Maybe we should just suck it up and book a place? I think my biggest problems is that I don't know what the approximate room rates will be for our guests. Any info you can share about room rates?
Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:53 AM
| Originally Posted by IMPPEARL |
Hi I'm planning for the first week in Jan 2010 after New Yearâ€™s. I am aiming for Dominican Republic Punta Cana. I also am having trouble getting pricing (at least at a reasonable rate) as like everyone is finding out the Prices for Jan 2010 arenâ€™t yet out, thus they are estimating costs for next year and prices are coming back high! I have been told by the 5 TA's i have working on getting me the best price that in a few more weeks when the prices actually come out prices should get better. I have sent out emails to my guests informing them of our plans to give them the time to save if they wish to attend. I have also informed them that the invite with more details will follow when I get resort and prices narrowed down.
Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:20 AM
Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:24 AM
Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:37 AM
| Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 |
Is anyone else in the process of blocking hotel rooms for your guests?? I am trying to do that now, but since my wedding is a year away it's kinda hard to firgure out who will actually go. My TA said that the resort will accept an estimate of rooms but to try and be as close as possible. I will also have the opportunity to release any unbooked rooms 90 days before my departure which is good. I have invited about 85 people and only expect maybe 30-35 to go, so I was thinking of maybe blocking only 20-25 rooms. But what if more than 35 people go or what if all 85 people go!!
Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:04 PM
| Originally Posted by BirminghamBride2010 |
It's a tough decision to make. Especially so far out. You wanna tell everyone please go ahead and book now!! It might be best to wait awhile and kinda get a feel for how much feedback you are getting from your std's you send out. Most people will either contact you and say "hey, we wanna go" or send you back the RSVP card letting you know their intentions. So if you put a reply date on the rsvp card say... a couple weeks from when you send them out, within a months time you will have a pretty good idea of how many rooms you will need to block....IMO
Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:28 AM
Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:19 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users