Photo

Aventura Spa Palace

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 natalia

natalia
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Finally picked our wedding location! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about Aventura....
    it was previously adults (18+) only but in summer 2009 the resort will be splitting in two; Aventura Spa which will remain adults only and Aventura Cove which will be family friendly.
    If you have your wedding there and you do have people under 18 attending you will have to have the wedding/reception on the cove side.
    This resort is amazing and has the Palace resorts wedding reputation behind it. I'm so excited because I feel like a lot of people had to turn it down because of the previous age restrictions.
    Hope this helps if anyone is looking for their site still!

#2 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

I am getting married there in July and the splitting of the resort was kind of disappointing. We booked in the fall before they announced the split and the adults only aspect was the main reason we chose the resort.
      I made the best of it...now that the resort is allowing children I am able to have my cousin's daughter as my flower girl (one of the things I gave up originally to have adults only), but it does mean that everything we plan as a group has to be on the family side of the resort.
      It was also a problem for my FI...because we chose an adults only originally his sister was upset that she couldn't bring her 2 kids, and decided not to go. Even when we told her it was changing, she still said she can't go (using money as the excuse although my FI doesn't agree). I think she is still hurt but FI is PISSED and it has caused a big issue between them...
      The resort does look beautiful, although it sucks that it is changing. We spent a lot of time deciding on this place based on the adults only aspect and it was just too much of a headache for me to change resorts...I think FI is still mad that they changed but he didn't want to look for another place either...I think it will be good for a lot of people who wanted to get married here but passed on it because of the no children policy...

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#3 MarissaDC

MarissaDC
      • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi, for those that have picked ASP for their weddings I have a few questions?

1)What made you choose ASP? Did you find that not all places did the ceremony in English?

2)Where are you having your receptions?
        Marissa and Shawn
        Oct 23, 2009
        Aventura Spa Palace

#4 rach220

rach220
        • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

Hey Marissa,
          I'm pretty sure the ASP does the ceremony in English (I think the Isla Mujeres Palace and Cozumel Palace are the ones in Spanish only)
          We are having just a cocktail reception (undecided on one or two hours) in the Pandero Terrace and then will have dinner at one the restaurants (non-private)...
          Check out the other Aventura Thread for pics of private event locations...
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24314

Married July 16, 2009
          Aventura Cove Palace Resort
          Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#5 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
          • 226 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

My fiancee and I have been to ASP before, which is why we picked the resort. I earned a trip there through work a few years back and we decided that it had to be the place we had our wedding. It's absolutely beautiful, the service is incredible, and everyone is just so friendly. We decided not to have a private reception. We're having a one hour cocktail hour and the dinner at one of the restaurants. We figure if we're still up to it afterwards we can go to one of the bars and just enjoy ourselves.
            Danielle & John
            Aventura Spa Palace
            October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#6 JC0721

JC0721
            • Banned
            • 74 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! We aren't going the AI route anymore but we were looking at Aventura Palace solely for the adults-only aspect - so I can see it being disappointing for some, but I guess there are perks as well in that everyone you want can attend your wedding.

#7 MarissaDC

MarissaDC
              • 28 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

JC)721--the adults only thing really threw me for a loop because I really had liked the idea of an adults only resort. However, I haven't decided yet if its enough to have me choose another place. What resort are you going with now?
                Marissa and Shawn
                Oct 23, 2009
                Aventura Spa Palace

#8 MRR16

MRR16
                • 249 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Doing a site visit there in June. Looking forward to it.

#9 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Can you have your wedding on the beach there?  Has anyone done that?

#10 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
                  • 109 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

No there is not a "real" beach there. Just a lagoon. There is another thread on here with lots of info and pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users