Photo

Wedding colors????

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I really want to have three colors but i just dont if that is to much. The three colors i'm thinking about is Aqua/teal Bright/hot Pink and Tropical Orange. BM flowers will most likely be orange and pink and stems will be wrapped in the Aqua color. The isla will have flower petals all thru it and i dont know if i should do all three just one or two. And im trying to see what i can do with all three with the chairs and tables at the dinner.... Please tell me if you think this is to much or wont look good. You arent going to hurt my feelings. Just need a little help.

Jennifer
    Cory & Jennifer
    March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#2 WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl
    • Banned
    • 179 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

I was kind-of wondering the same thing-- thinking red, orange, and some form of teal. I was thinking the teal would be used very mildly. Not sure what or how if would be used yet. I found a few pictures with these colors (plus bright pink) and it looked ok. It will be interesting to see what others think.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

I would stick with the blue/teal for fabrics and the pinks/oranges for flowers. This is the most natural to me, since there aren't any aqua flowers out there.

Maybe to blue chair sashes and colored flower petals.

Try searching the forum for different or threads about colors. That has been a popular color combo so I'm sure you can find lots of inspiration.

You can also search the Knot and Brides.com galleries by color.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

I would stick with the blue/teal for fabrics and the pinks/oranges for flowers. This is the most natural to me, since there aren't any aqua flowers out there.

Maybe to blue chair sashes and colored flower petals.

Try searching the forum for different or threads about colors. That has been a popular color combo so I'm sure you can find lots of inspiration.

You can also search the Knot and Brides.com galleries by color.

#5 Mishi

Mishi
          • 224 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
          • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

I think it would be beautiful... you can make any colors work as long as you use them right and I agree with the fabrics being teal and florals being orange/pink... here are a couple of pics i found:
          Click the image to open in full size.

#6 Mishi

Mishi
          • 224 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
          • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

I think it would be beautiful... you can make any colors work as long as you use them right and I agree with the fabrics being teal and florals being orange/pink... here are a couple of pics i found:

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

One of the girls just posted her planning thread and her colors were blue, pink and orange. I personally think you need 3 colors. 2 main colors that contrast one another, and another one to just give a small accent to everything

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

One of the girls just posted her planning thread and her colors were blue, pink and orange. I personally think you need 3 colors. 2 main colors that contrast one another, and another one to just give a small accent to everything

#9 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
              • 427 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

The colors you chose would look good. I'm having such a hard time deciding as well. So many decisions. Good Luck.

#10 EricaG

EricaG
                • 1,915 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

Those colours would look really nice together I think. My flowers were reds and oranges and my dress was white with teal. The BM dresses were teal and they carried red and orange flowers and they looked great. I don't see that the pink would look any different with the teal.
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users