Bora Bora/Moorea Honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Me and the FH are thinking about going to Bora Bora/Moorea for our honeymoon. Has anyone ever been? I have some hotels in mind (Intercontinental, St. Regis, Pearl Resorts, etc) but am looking for some recommendations. I definitely want an over water burre!!

Thanks!
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
    • 227 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hi! my hubby and I are going to Tahiti/Bora Bora for our honeymoon in March. We are staying 2 nights at the Radisson Tahiti then 7 nights at the Boro Bora Pearl in an over the water bungalow then back to the Radisson for 2 more nights. We can't wait! I will give you a full review when we return.

#3 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

I've been researching this quite a bit, and we've narrowed it down to Moorea...either the Sheraton, the Sofitel, or the Pearl (which seems to have the most reasonable rates).

#4 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
        • 341 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

I took a trip with my sister (she was a trip director, so it was mostly free!) to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. We stayed at the Intercontinental in Tahiti and Moorea - both were beautiful - and did an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora (I know, pretty romantic and we both wished we were with significant others, but it was a blast). I know some folks on our trip also visited the Sheraton in Moorea and Bora Bora and had good things to say. You really can't go wrong with any of the places that have been mentioned.

I would definitely recommend spending a good amount of time between Moorea and Bora Bora if you're looking for seclusion (Tahiti is great, but more populated). Moorea is very green and lush and there are lots of "excursions" you can do - jeep tours, etc. Bora Bora is less dense and more for relaxing in the sun. You can rent a "funcar" to get around for a day and that's pretty entertaining - we felt like the Flinstones.

You really can't go wrong. It's paradise - Bora Bora is probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

I'm jealous!
          http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

Would you say Bora Bora is more beautiful than Moorea, Hoosierfan?

#6 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
            • 341 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

It depends on what you are looking for. Bora Bora is really incredible - the most crystal blue water I've ever seen - and the island is fairly small and not very "developed" (at least when I was there about 5 years ago). Moorea is more green and lush (think more jungle-esque except I didn't see any "jungle" animals).

If you're going all the way there, then the best bet is to do a few days on both islands. I would say there's more to do on Moorea if you're into excursions. There are great restaurants on both islands and the people are wonderful!

#7 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

OK that's great info - thanks so much!

#8 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                • 342 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the input Hoosierfan!! I can't wait to see Bora Bora, I have heard sooo many beautiful things about it.
                  ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#9 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                  • 341 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

No problem ladies! The one can't miss spot is Bloody Mary's restaurant on Bora Bora. It's a seafood restaurant (I would say one of the most popular) - a tourist spot, but really fun!

#10 TA Melinda

TA Melinda
                    • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:32 AM

I use the Pearl Resorts for clients all the time in French Polynesia. They're fantastic and often you can get special discounts if you stay at their properties on different islands. You can end up with free nights and sometimes even breakfast included (right at a $60-80 savings on Bora Bora). Moorea is great for activities (swimming with dolphins, motu picnics, 4x4 safaris) and Bora Bora is perfect for getting away from it all. I wouldn't spend more than a day on Tahiti...two at the most. Congratulations and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users