Photo

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#911 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Oh and I sent out my invites in the beginning of July. I felt the same way as you the sooner they got it the more time they had to book there trip.

#912 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
    • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

Do you guys know of any BD photographers in LA area?

Jess

#913 ~Keira~

~Keira~
      • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Ok ladies, I just had my BD shoot today. I totally recommend it. If you're thinking of it just take the plunge. It was so empowering and it was great to be creative and fun and sexy ect.

If anyone is in the Toronto area and is alright with a male photographer I totally recommend Mike Streeter of StreeterStevens in Oakville. I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them. I can't wait!
        ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#914 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
        • 268 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

I'm just getting to posting here...I've been following the thread about my resort...just ventured out...

We are getting married on November 27th in Punta Cana at the Excellence Resort
          I hate to say this but I'm super organized...and my husband (we just got legally married here) won't let me procrastinate. He was the kid that had his paper done in college 3 weeks ahead and had it proof read 3 times.....funny...

Anyway here is what I've done
          Visited the resort last October and set the date
          Sent Save the Dates last November
          Began working with a TA in November
          Made/Sent Invitations in April
          Dress purchased in January and is in
          Purchased fabric in NYC to make reception dress
          Ordered veil/flower (same problem as others mentioned...to small from etsy) so I took it apart and will put it together. THere is enough fabric to make it work
          Trip booked...Dominican Republic for a week
          Honeymoon booked...going to Costa Rica for a week
          Bridesmaids all have their dresses
          Purchased rehersal dinner dress and shoes (and other dresses and bathing suits for the week)
          have all of the necessary information from the resort
          We both have our wedding bands on because we loved them and we are technically married (had a ceremony with 65 people per my mom...I was forced)

I really need to find nice beach towels as gifts for our guests...we aren't going to do bags...Any suggestions? We are looking for a tiffany blue or a blue.

I have a few more things to do...
          Programs
          Fans
          find pics of things I want done on the tables etc.
          Order the towels
          Vows
          Finalize the ceremony with the Pastor
          Sandals for the beach ceremony
          Grooms attire and groomsmen
          Gifts for mom's
          Alterations starting at the end of august

I have a huge suprise that I am planning for Benny but I'm not going to put it on here until it's done...he is going to be so so happy!!!

Sorry this is so long it was helpful for me to think about even though I have a spreadsheet with it all. And because I am super anal I have a spreadsheet for our budget and our savings for the wedding.

I have pictures of things but can not for the life of me figure out how to put in my reply

#915 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
          • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

Double post sorry....

#916 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
            • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

Hey ladies
              Boston bride I feel like you. I'm over organized and don't have much left to do
              I need to :
              -Pick up my parasols from ms Shelley
              -do my fittings
              -get my jewelry and barefoot jewelry (i inquired ab barefoot jewelry on etsy today)
              -purchase and figure out centerpieces
              -mail my license and app to my wc
              -mail all my wedding items to my wc
              -finish snack packs for OOT bags to complete oot bags
              -purchase oot bag brochures (w/ vista prolly do that next week already completed it just 4th 5th and 6th guessing myself)
              -make final wedding payments
              -meet with my pre martial counselor and pastor 1x more
              -pack n leave lol

I just sent my fans to ana de roux for my program fans and she's also doing my reception/menu cards. I cant wait to see her proofs. She is soo creative...

#917 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
              • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

Keira, so how was it? Did you feel comfortable?

Jess

#918 jenniebey

jenniebey
                • 842 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
                  Hey ladies
                  Boston bride I feel like you. I'm over organized and don't have much left to do
                  I need to :
                  -Pick up my parasols from ms Shelley
                  -do my fittings
                  -get my jewelry and barefoot jewelry (i inquired ab barefoot jewelry on etsy today)
                  -purchase and figure out centerpieces
                  -mail my license and app to my wc
                  -mail all my wedding items to my wc
                  -finish snack packs for OOT bags to complete oot bags
                  -purchase oot bag brochures (w/ vista prolly do that next week already completed it just 4th 5th and 6th guessing myself)
                  -make final wedding payments
                  -meet with my pre martial counselor and pastor 1x more
                  -pack n leave lol

I just sent my fans to ana de roux for my program fans and she's also doing my reception/menu cards. I cant wait to see her proofs. She is soo creative...
                  It seems like you have a lot done already rather than the other way around! :) You'll feel so good when you have the last item checked off your list!

I feel like I'm on target but a lot of what I need to still do requires a final headcount. RSVP date is August 15th but I figure I won't really have my count until Sept 1st. I hate waiting!

#919 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                  • 1,338 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:16 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JGAMMAGIRL77
                    Keira, so how was it? Did you feel comfortable?

Jess
                    To be honest it was a little awkward and uncomfortable, at first. He came to my house for 10 am so it was a little early to break out the wine. I had to battle my nerves alone.

I chose to wear my FI's wedding shirt and a white cotton thong for the first outfit. After posing in that for a few minutes I was completely comfortable and having a ball. I helped to know that my male photog is married and is expecting a baby within 2 weeks. Oh and when he says stuff like, "oh that is so hot, hold that pose" it surely boots your ego.

I'm actually going to be going to his studio on Sunday to do another shoot. A nude shoot. He really liked an idea I had and wanted to expand on it with better lighting. So off to the studio I will go and in the buff I shall be.
                    ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#920 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                    • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

Wow Yay Kiera I dot think I coulld ever do a nude shoot... I'm glad you had such a good time. I hope I can get up the nerve to do the bd. Its such a great gift idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users