Photo

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#321 JOSIE

JOSIE
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

This is such a fun thread for Nov. brides! I've been wondering where & when I should do a bunch of this wedding stuff! I have no idea when I'm doing the shower or B-party since my MOH is getting married in July and I'm her MOH too. Right now my focus is on her, so I'm guessing my stuff will be in September, etc...

We're not doing an AHR because we can't afford renting a place. I'd love to do a bbq, but it will be cold in chicago! So, oh well! So far all I've done are save the dates, my website, picked & booked our place and had a TA arrange travel packages.

I'm wondering how everyone is deciding when to order OOT bags & favors for guests. We invited over 200 (my crazy italian mom!) and I'm assuming most of them won't come....but I have NO idea how many favors/OOT bags to budget for.

Any suggestions?

#322 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
    • 712 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

LOL I agree we sent out 70 invites (I think) and we have so far 38 ppl booked but we are expecting 45 ppl. This whole thing is hard. I'm emailing the questionable ppl today bc I have order OOT bags and item for 40 ppl. So I may have to make some extra purchases... But I ordered based on who booked by the booking deadline 3.15.09, yet ppl are still saying they wanna go...

#323 jetsbride

jetsbride
      • 794 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

Josie - I am in the same boat as you, we have invited 220 people and we know they won't all come but we think between 50 and 80 people will be there, I just wish they would hurry and reply so I can do the OOT bags. I am really excited to do them but like you I do not want to buy way to much stuff. I think i am going to do it at the end of August beginning of September, I think that will be enough time.

#324 1sunshine

1sunshine
        • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

Hello Ladies... Im a November bride too.. im getting marry November 12, 2009 at Ritz Carlton Kapalua, Maui Hawaii, and by reading everybody's replies im wayyyy behind!!!! LOL well i have the place, deposti for ceremony and reception, STD sent last month, and this weekend im finishing up the invitations so i can send them May 1...

I have a questions do i need to get a TA i need some help!!!

#325 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

yeah I'd get a TA sunshine - did you try one from the forum?

#326 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
            • 712 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

Welcome Sunshine You may wanna hurry with those invites, but I guess if you send out STDs than you're fine.
              Happy Planning

#327 n&n112109

n&n112109
              • 216 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

We have our website up and running.... a link is provided for our guest to book their rooms... Is anyone having any issues with guests wanting to book their rooms through other sites like Expedia or Travelocity??
                Nicole

#328 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

some of my guests wanted to but our prices through the TA are less than Expedia or Orbitz so it would be dumb of them to go that route

#329 1sunshine

1sunshine
                  • 95 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

probably this is a stupid question it is still regarding the TA, my ? is why do i need a TA when we are having our wedding at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua, a set of rooms has been blocked and the plane tickets are roundtrip non stop, so after all this do i still need one?

#330 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

it depends - you are in the US so you probably are getting the best rates through the Ritz....I got better rates through a TA than from my hotel directly in Puerto Vallarta though - it makes no sense I know...and the hotel would not meet the travel agent rates. I would go ahead and just get a couple TA quotes though - you never know - maybe they could get better rates for your guests, like mine did.

As far as flights - we aren't using the TA for flights - everyone is just booking direct through the airlines since they had better rates than the TA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users