Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Rosa :)

I love Natalie's idea!

So now that the invites are done (thanks for all the compliments!),I sort of am like...hmmmm what do I do now? LOL I know theres a ton of stuff I just seem to be lost!

I wish I had a chance to go down and look at the actual location so I could get a better feel for things. I have a feeling Ill plan something, get down there, realize it wont work and have to rethink everything at the last minute.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll have to do. And maybe I can salvage a little of the material from the other dresses to add an accent, like a sash or something. The not knowing if this is necessary is the worst part. Unnecessary stress! My new mantra is "Still lots of time to figure it out" I find myself repeating this several times a day.

I have the same feeling as you, Sgt Pepperette! Like I should be doing something! I've managed to busy myself with the OOT Bags, but now those are almost done. So much of the planning/organizing happens at/by the resort! I'm restless! I booked my dress fitting and did some price comparisons on tux pants....

I got reamed out by my MOH for trying to help with the stagette. *blush* Just want to feel like I'm being productive!! lol

What are you ladies working on now?? Maybe I'm missing something....

amandseth

I think thats a great idea! Hope it all works out.

Right now we are working on our favors. They should be done by next week.

Ladies my legal day was awesome. My hubby looked soooo freakin cute that day. We were very lucky b/c we arrived at the courthouse and there were 3 couples ahead of us and by the time we walked out there was a line 2 blocks long!!!! We went to an early dinner with my family and then they surprised us with a weekend getaway to the Poconos. We had an awesome time and I was able to wear my ring for the weekend. But now I miss looking at it!!!blush2.gif

I had a similiar issue... I asked my sister-in-law to be my MOH hoping the rift in our family would be healed by doing so. I did not ask my BFF as I knew she would understand and be with me anyway, she did.

The rift got worse and I resented asking my SIL and all I did was cry and wonder the house at night for 3 months.

Finally I said "this is stupid" and went hunting for the sesonal dress we had bought for the girls 3 months prior. Thank goodness we found one in her size and I surprised her by giving her the dress and asking her to stand in my wedding party.

I have slept well ever since.

Now to your problem Amandseth I agree with NaM, find a material and colour similar or even totally different and beautiful and have it made for her. Or hunt like I did for this fabric, it has to be somewhere seriously another fabricland somewhere Google it. Or just wait on your other friend to see her response.

Also suggest to your MOH that she come for a short time and maybe she can stay at the same resort. I have people coming Monday to Friday and Monday to Saturday just for the cost save.

Good luck!

Rosa, that sounds like a perfect legal day :)

So Im wondering if I should put more info on my website for our guests. Since we are going to Florida and its such a small amount of people we dont get any special rates or deals. So we just put links to what we thought were the best deals in airlines. And linked to all the hotels in the area. Should I put prices, and things like that as well?

Amanandseth- I agree I would just use a different material for the MOH's dress.

Date Twin- Congrats again I'm glad everything went so well. I sure could use a weekend at the Poconos lol...

Melissa- I used the have a page on my website with pics of the room a list of the amenities and the current cost. But since we are cruising it was easy to just pull the pics off Carnival's website. But it did get annoying bc we didn't book as a group so I had to constantly change the prices. But my guest really like the idea of being able to see the room next to the prices. I have since removed that page bc our booking deadline is long gone....