Photo

Brazilian Wax...First Time Tomorrow!!! Yikes

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Dianna

Dianna
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

I have always wanted to try that,but am so chicken. Maybe I will now. Thanks for all of the posts/

#22 Dianna

Dianna
    • 358 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:50 AM

I have always wanted to try that , but have been too chicken. Maybe now I will, thanks for the posts.

#23 landwlkr

landwlkr
      • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hello! I got my first one today too. There were a couple of strips that were painful, but mostly they were OK. I just hope my occasional "yelp" didn't disturb the person trying to have a relaxing massage in the next room! My waxer gave me an antibacterial lotion called "finipil" that claims to reduce new growth and ingrown hair. She was very professional and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all with her doing the deed. Don't be shy ladies, if its something you wanted to try! They do this all day long, so nothing new to their eyes. But be prepared that for the first 24 hours or so your skin might be a little irritated, swollen and bumpy in some places.

#24 jamk32179

jamk32179
        • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

It is well worth it. I always take Tylenol about an hour before I go which definitely helps. I found a spa that does a great job, minimal pain and the waxer has such a great personality it seems like you are visiting with a friend.
          September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#25 SheaS

SheaS
          • 380 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Has anyone who is pregnant been waxed? I want to do it, but am scared because that area is extra sensitive during pregnancy. Any suggestions?

#26 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
            • 657 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have want to get one done but im way to chicken for this
              Cory & Jennifer
              March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#27 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

How long does a typical Brazilian Wax last? I am thinking about getting one and am trying to decide if I should get one now and then get another one right before we leave or just wait.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#28 lmg970

lmg970
                • 316 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

that is a good question, I was wondering the same thing.
                  Laura

#29 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
                  • 237 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

I think it depends on how fast your hair grows. It's been a week for me now and i'm still good. You should try it and see!

#30 landwlkr

landwlkr
                    • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I agree-- about a week and you start to see new growth. As for the pregnant question, my sister is due to to have twins in April and still gets waxes. My cousin also told me she was getting regular waxing done all the way until she had her baby! You could always go and if it gets too painful or uncomfortable and ask them to stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users