Can I wear this dress???

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

Is this dress a little "too much" for a beach wedding??

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
    • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

I say wear whatever you like! I didn't want to do a formal dress but ended up falling in love with one! As my mom said, "it is your wedding...you don't have to be practifcal!" If you love the dress, do it!
      JEN

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hmmm I have seen some formal dresses on the beach, so wear what you want. However if your looking for suggestions, my only one is if you got with this dress, just remember how hot it will be for your wedding and figure out if you you can wear it without sweating your butt off.

#4 SusanK

SusanK
        • VIP Member
        • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:45 AM

I think it's beautiful...as long as you'll be comfortable in it (i.e it's not too hot or heavy), I think it will make a great DW wedding dress. I don't think there are any "rules" as to what a DW dress has to look like. I know there are brides on this forum with all kinds of dresses, from casual to traditional and everything in between.
          Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#5 JENESIS

JENESIS
          • 394 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:49 AM

WHy can't I see a dress?

#6 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

hmmm, I dont know. The picture should just show up in the window.

I really wanted a 3/4 length dress, but when I saw this picture I just loved it! Granted I havent actually seen it upclose, so who knows what I will think about it then! LOL I just don't wanna look like a nut job on the beach!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

i definitely started out thinking that i was looking for an appropriate beach wedding dress - but then i gave that up and just got what i wanted! there are girls on here getting married in the most traditional, formal dresses, and those that chose a pretty casual "beachy" dress. i say just wear the dress that you fall in love with!

#8 MelissaH

MelissaH
                • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

I've always said - there's nothing that says a beach wedding has to be casual! Wear what makes you feel the best!

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

YES! Of course you can!! I did the same thing; searched for a dress I thought I wanted. Recently I tried on a big poofy dress and loved it. Its not a destination wedding dress, but I loved the way it felt/looked. The funny thing is I tried on this dress just for fun - I wasn't even considering it! Anyways, my point is that DWs don't follow any rules, if this is the dress you want the get it!!!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 SusanK

SusanK
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                      hmmm, I dont know. The picture should just show up in the window.

I really wanted a 3/4 length dress, but when I saw this picture I just loved it! Granted I havent actually seen it upclose, so who knows what I will think about it then! LOL I just don't wanna look like a nut job on the beach!
                      You definitely aren't going to look like a "nut job", but do consider the weather. It's hard to tell from the pic, but if their are a lot of layers underneath it might feel too heavy or hot, but you can always have them removed, it just might make the dress lay a little flatter.

Maybe you've already seen this dress... I don't know if it's your style, but it is the 3/4 you are looking for (the lace overlay dips down longer in the back). I tried this one on and really liked it.

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users