Jump to content

Photo

Cancun PHOTOGRAPHERS


  • Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#81 sunitam

sunitam
  • Newbie
  • 124 posts

    Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lolosmama
    Thanks for putting these photographers together! I have been trying to decide whether to go with the resort photographer or hire an outside photographer. I need to decide soon, I'm getting married in four months!
    make sure you book soon! they book up really fast!

    #82 sunitam

    sunitam
    • Newbie
    • 124 posts

      Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

      For any Dreams Cancun brides who are wondering about Juan Navarro, the resort photographer that comes with the Dreams of Love and the Dreams Ultimate packages, a past Dreams bride wrote a really good review on him and is very happy with her pics. she has them posted up at

      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45063

      they are really good!

      #83 MrsPain2b

      MrsPain2b
      • Newbie
      • 25 posts

        Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

        Hi all,

        Has anyone used Bluelenscaribe Wedding Photography. They look fab so would love to know if anyone else has used them?

        Thanks

        #84 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsPain2b
          Hi all,

          Has anyone used Bluelenscaribe Wedding Photography. They look fab so would love to know if anyone else has used them?

          Thanks
          my concern would be that they have a whole team of photographers. I'd ask who you would be getting & ask to see an entire wedding from them. The stuff on their site is good, but you might get someone on the team that can't produce that quality. If they have one excellent shooter & put all of his stuff on the site & then send out someone who isn't that great, you can really be dissapointed.

          My other concern is that in some packages they are giving you unedited files. Digital pictures need at least a little processing to look their best. Some of the packages include only 100 edited pictures. find out what they mean by edited. Will all the rest be straight out of camera? That can be OK if the person shooting is very good & nails it in the camera everytime. But, even then a little processing can really make a picture look great. Also, find out what these files will be. You want jpgs. My friend was given all RAW files from her wedding. They are practically useless to her becasue she doesn't know how to do anything with a RAW file.

          it can be a disaster if the person shooting has issues with the bright sun or doesn't nail the shot. Then you will have pictures that you probably won't want to use if they don't do the corrections before giving you the files.

          But maybe they mean that all images are processed to fix basic things like exposure, color balance. Then 100 get extra editing like removing people from the background.

          #85 Lady_Di

          Lady_Di
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,078 posts

            Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

            Aw this list is great!

            I am this close booking with Claudia R and her team. The photos are so beautiful and the prices are reasonable. I wish I could go with del Sol but their prices are outrageous. Claudia R and her team take some beautiful and almost same quality pictures so I am going with her.

            She has been fast with replying and she seems really nice!

            #86 keilag

            keilag
            • Jr. Member
            • 190 posts

              Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

              has anyone use these guys?

              Cancun Wedding Photo- Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya
              price list: http://cancun-weddin....ollections.pdf
              these guys are really good, great packages too

              #87 ~Keira~

              ~Keira~
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,338 posts

                Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by keilag
                has anyone use these guys?

                Cancun Wedding Photo- Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya
                price list: http://cancun-weddin....ollections.pdf
                these guys are really good, great packages too
                According to this post things didn't go so well. Have a read and then decide.

                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43467

                There are others on here too if you do a search for the company you should be able to find more info.
                ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

                http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

                #88 KelZavs20

                KelZavs20
                • Jr. Member
                • 301 posts

                  Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

                  WOW! thanks to all of you for posting all this info...i am a dreams cancun bride as well, and like many of you, i am on the hunt for a different photographer.
                  i have gotten many quotes on my own, and im comparing them to the info here now because it seems that i was quoted by some photographers a WAY higher price than what has been posted.....

                  #89 AshleyBrendan

                  AshleyBrendan
                  • Newbie
                  • 25 posts

                    Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    my concern would be that they have a whole team of photographers. I'd ask who you would be getting & ask to see an entire wedding from them. The stuff on their site is good, but you might get someone on the team that can't produce that quality. If they have one excellent shooter & put all of his stuff on the site & then send out someone who isn't that great, you can really be dissapointed.

                    My other concern is that in some packages they are giving you unedited files. Digital pictures need at least a little processing to look their best. Some of the packages include only 100 edited pictures. find out what they mean by edited. Will all the rest be straight out of camera? That can be OK if the person shooting is very good & nails it in the camera everytime. But, even then a little processing can really make a picture look great. Also, find out what these files will be. You want jpgs. My friend was given all RAW files from her wedding. They are practically useless to her becasue she doesn't know how to do anything with a RAW file.

                    it can be a disaster if the person shooting has issues with the bright sun or doesn't nail the shot. Then you will have pictures that you probably won't want to use if they don't do the corrections before giving you the files.

                    But maybe they mean that all images are processed to fix basic things like exposure, color balance. Then 100 get extra editing like removing people from the background.
                    I have been in discussions with Dennis at BlueLensCaribe and was just about to book until I read your post. I have now sent him what you wrote and asked him to answer all of those questions, as well.
                    Thank you so much for that post!!

                    I will let you guys know what he says when I get a reply.

                    #90 MrsPain2b

                    MrsPain2b
                    • Newbie
                    • 25 posts

                      Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AshleyBrendan
                      I have been in discussions with Dennis at BlueLensCaribe and was just about to book until I read your post. I have now sent him what you wrote and asked him to answer all of those questions, as well.
                      Thank you so much for that post!!

                      I will let you guys know what he says when I get a reply.
                      Hi AshleyBrendan,

                      I will be interested to know what Dennis says. He looks and seems fab but I don't know anyone who has used him and my Hotel have never heard of him which worries me so will be keen to see what he says although I am inclined to go with someone else who has been used and recommended just to be on the safe side.

                      Will look out for your reply though.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users