Photo

OMG I need to vent!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 InspiredBride

InspiredBride
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

I just tried your website link (from post above) and it didn't work...

#12 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

I tried your link to your web page and it didn't work! I'm glad you are less stressed and it looks like maybe people are coming around - I hope everything goes okay and your friend can make it - let me know when you fix your website and I'll check it out!

#13 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
      • 712 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

OK I fixed it. It works now.. Sorry ab that.

#14 InspiredBride

InspiredBride
        • 78 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

I looked at your website and I definitely don't think it sounds rude at all. I'm glad things are starting to get a bit less stressful and that your guests are being understanding!

#15 Reese78

Reese78
          • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

I guess I'm late since it seems like the issue has been resolved. I too had the same problem with my guests. To the point where we wanted to elope..its amazing how you can get dissapointed by the "special" people in your life. We just decided to not provide the transportation to the port since it was becoming too stressful; unfortunately this included sailing guests as well. Our thank you to our sailing guests will be a shipboard credit; we're not sure about the amount so if anyone has suggestions feel free to share.

In the end we just feel that all that is important is that we get married! Getting frustrated about whoose coming has added stress that we dont need.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it will come up again. We've had people pay and request refunds later. Thought this was a great idea but some people have made it a nightmare. Sorry PrettyHazordous...looks like this has turned into my venting as well.

Happy planning and know that in the end you'll be in wedded bliss! I've told my FI that we will enjoy ourselves so much that we'll forget about who caused headaches.

#16 Reese78

Reese78
            • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

I guess I'm late since it seems like the issue has been resolved. I too had the same problem with my guests. To the point where we wanted to elope..its amazing how you can get dissapointed by the "special" people in your life. We just decided to not provide the transportation to the port since it was becoming too stressful; unfortunately this included sailing guests as well. Our thank you to our sailing guests will be a shipboard credit; we're not sure about the amount so if anyone has suggestions feel free to share.

In the end we just feel that all that is important is that we get married! Getting frustrated about whoose coming has added stress that we dont need.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it will come up again. We've had people pay and request refunds later. Thought this was a great idea but some people have made it a nightmare. Sorry PrettyHazordous...looks like this has turned into my venting as well.

Happy planning and know that in the end you'll be in wedded bliss! I've told my FI that we will enjoy ourselves so much that we'll forget about who caused headaches.

#17 Barkles

Barkles
              • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I think i'd have a major issue with people inviting people I didn't invite to my wedding.  If you sent out formal invites with counts I'd only allow those who rsvpd with you to come.  You may want to make a point to let the people who told you they invited others to let them know that you dont' want strangers at your wedding and that you would like them to attend but if they choose not to you understand and wish them a great vacation.

#18 Nerds In Love

Nerds In Love
                • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

A space to vent?!? Love it!

I just e-mailed our TA requesting that ppl be removed from our group booking upon viewing the list of guests that have put down a deposit. Why? Because we have no IDEA who they are! They just - poof! - popped up out of nowhere like Houdini.

I don't know if that was appropriate of me to do but at this point I've had enough. I couldn't even contact them if I wanted to - they're strangers! Although...I know these strangers have to be connected to one of our guests...

#19 kks2012

kks2012
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

That's strange. Our TA sends us emails when people sign up so we have their contact information. Your TA could give you that information so that you could contact them.

My vent... one of our groom's men has yet to put in his deposit. He intends to pay when taxes come in (February).. Doesn't help a lot with planning when we plan to purchase clothing items and whatnot.

#20 Nerds In Love

Nerds In Love
                    • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Thank you kks2012...the spreadsheet my TA provides doesn't have too much info. But you brought up a good point and I contacted her for phone numbers, etc.

As for your vent...what's this guy waiting for? Good grief! He's keeping you guys in limbo . I really hope it works out and he comes through!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users