Jamaica Brides...Legal in US?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by uspoiledme
    My FI and I can't agree on what is best. He wants our premarital counselor, who is also a preacher, to marry us here b4 going 2 Jamaica. I don't want the extra step, but it's important to him. What 2 do
    I am thinking about doing the same thing. I don't think FI would have a problem with it either. I would want it to just be the 3 of us and I don't feel like anybody has to know unless they ask, which they probably will not. Is there any specific reason you don't want to other than it's an extra step? Will it make you feel different in some way?
    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#32 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre
      Great question! I definitely would like to know the answer to this question as well.
      I didn't need it to add him to my insurance @ work!

#33 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

At my job, the personal office said that they can use our temporary marriage license as a "good faith" until we get our originals. I would guess that you would just have to ask your own personal office as to what their policies are and the special circumstance that you're getting married out of the country.

I live in Massachusetts and in this state, I will be able to change only certain things with the temp. license, but have to wait for the original to change my license and SS# card.

#34 kun09

• 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

I just had my temporary license and I was able to go to the SS office and the DMV and change my name and status. I wasn't sure it I had to do anything back in the states.

#35 Mrs.B

• 455 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

This is great information! Thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users