Photo

this is a hard one....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

Okay so my future MIL is having a hard time, she does not wear dresses! Nope not her thing... so she is now looking for a beachy looking pant suit.... she wants a top with flowy sleeves to hide her arms (she has a arm phobe) I have been searchin and cannot find anything really beachy that fits that ............ i was hoping maybe someone had the same situation and could lend a hand.

Point me in a direction to find something nice.............

#2 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

Does it have to be a suit? How about some light trousers, say linen? then a flowery top that has got to be easier to find

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

Is she regular sized or plus sized?

My mom wore pants and light jacket and shell.

JC Penny on line has lots of options. Now will be the time to start looking since the summer clothes are coming out.

There is a thread for mother's attire somewhere on here, if you do a search.

#4 Morton-Woods

Morton-Woods
        • 301 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

I would try coldwater creek, that where im having to look.... or newport news... i just googled womens wear and weeded out the regular clothes to find the better looking that would be ok for my wedding.

#5 Mishi

Mishi
          • 224 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
          • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

My MIL did the same thing. She wore a linen tunic top and linen pants and she was comfortable, cool and looked beautiful. We got a lot of the wedding parties clothes from island importer... here is a link and they have tunics and pants here.
          Beach Wedding Attire: Drawstring Linen Pants, Cotton & Linen Shirts, Shorts - Island Importer
          Good luck!

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

My mom has arm phobe too, and she shops a lot at coldwater creek and j. jill. Also department stores probably have tons of stuff but this time of year might be out of season. When is she needing to find something by?

#7 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
            • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

I would not consider her to be plus size............. she is a top heavy women thought....... It does not have to be a suit.......... i will search moms attire...

#8 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
              • 826 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

Lane Bryant always has some pretty clothes. Good luck with the search. I'll keep my eye out for ya!
                http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
                My Babies
                "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
                http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

#9 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hello! My FIL will wear dresses, however she too has big arms and such and found something online. I would do as search on Shopzilla.com for the folowing designers, +
                  Adrianna Papell, Maggie London and also try JcPenney online. JCP is not my speed per se, but my future in-laws are on the large side and find nice things all the time. Wish you well!

#10 Cattie

Cattie
                  • 594 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

What about a pair of pants like these?

Click the image to open in full size.

I have a pair I found at Macy's. The site I posted from is for sizes 12+. You should be able to find them online easily though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users