Photo

Sparklers in PV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bunsie3

Bunsie3
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Have any of you been able to get sparklers for your wedding recently in Puerto Vallarta? I know you used to be able to but I was told they are now banned. I do not understand how they can do firework shows but not sparklers.

#2 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
    • 698 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

That's a bummer if they are banned... Please let me know what you find out.

~Susana

#3 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
      • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

We were just informed by Dreams PV that there are no more fireworks... we were going to have them as our first dance concluded... apparently they have been banned from the resort...

so maybe sparklers are too?

could it be a liability thing?

jenn

#4 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
        • 698 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

No fireworks!!!

#5 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

Well, I don't know the story about dreams but when I go meet the new coordinator I'll ask her and let you know what I find it ...

Meanwhile, re: sparklers and fireworks - In order to have fireworks it has to be done by an approved company who has a permit - to my knowledge here in Vallarta we only have one company. Sparklers, however, are like 4th of July - anyone can go out and buy them when it's the time for sparklers - but, when it isn't the approved time for sparklers (i.e. their independence day, new year's, christmas, etc.) then it is illegal and you normally can't buy them because they aren't suppose to be sold except for their allotted times.

It would not surprise me if Dreams can't do fireworks because their beach is not that big and they have a lot of guests - so I think where the fireworks guys can set-up does not leave them a lot of options and I could see the potential for harm. I don't know that's the reason, I'm just saying I could understand if that was the reasoning behind it.

#6 lupearroyo

lupearroyo
            • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

I wonder if sparklers can be shipped in?

#7 Bunsie3

Bunsie3
              • 85 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

You can not ship sparklers out of the US for obvious security reasons...or out of any country for that matter...atleast that has been what I have found. I thought about going into TJ and buying sparklers and shipping them to PV but I am not sure about the quality that I would get. Mishka- Is it illegal to have them there during the non allotted times or only to sell them?

#8 mlabbe

mlabbe
                • 784 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hi! I'm very interested in finding out more about this... when is it "legal" to have them? And I was told that the state next door has them available legally all year-round - would it be possible to have some shipped from there, or would that also be illegal?

I would really like to have sparklers but we can't fly with them, we can't ship them... I'm hoping to find options!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users