Photo

Is Stress the Culprit?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

So I don't know wtf is wrong with me lately but I cannot seem to get on track with eating properly like I should be before my wedding. I'm craving all sorts of crap I shouldn't be eating right now and I don't know why I can't help myself.

Do any of you ladies find that stress, either conscious or subconscious causes you to make poor eating choices or am I totally nuts? lol

#2 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

OMG your words are so true and here I thought I was the only one!! Maybe it is stress which raises our coritisol levels. Snacks that I know I should not eat, do so anyway, sabatoging myself and beating myself up afterwards. I have no clue WTF is wrong with me either.I need a swift kick where the sun doesn't shine. Good luck to you!

#3 syl1115

syl1115
      • 789 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

Stress affects people differently. I know that when my mother was so sick, I gained 20lbs and my sister lost 20lbs! I just ate everything and she just shut down. I started having the same issue lately since I was laid off. Money stress is making me eat again so that's why I HAD to joint BL5. I have gained 10 since the wedding in September. Not good.
        Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#4 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yourstruly - lol omg, I'm doing the exact same thing!!

Sylvia - I hear you!! Since I fell off the wagon around late Nov early Dec (Christmas laziness) I've gained about 4 lbs, It's not a huge gain but it's enough to make me feel really bad at self-sabotaging. I should be above this. It took me an entire year just to lose 20 lbs and I am not really interested in putting it back on and yet somehow I just can't help myself lately!

#5 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

paraiso--how about Monday is a new day and start LOL Seriously....

#6 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

YoursTruly - haha, I think I say that every week, but yes...Monday for sure! lol

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

Paraiso - Isn't it terrible? OMG its just sick on so many levels. But you look pretty thin in your photo so I am sure you will drop just in time for your big day. Sisters in the struggle!!

Hugs!

#8 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                • 1,681 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, girl stress totally affects ppl different ways. I have lost about 15 lbs from being stressed out about my DW, AHR, and Bridal Shower!!! I am glad though, haha. Don't worry about gaining a few extra lbs.-you can lose it in time. By the way, you look GREAT in your pic! Don't worry about a thing! =)

#9 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Why is comfort food so darn comforting? I hear you on poor eating choices when stressed! My thoughts somehow drift toward a bowl of queso and chips and sure enough... mmm.

#10 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                    • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Girls...I hear you!! Since being with my FI, in the last2 1/2 years, I gained all the weight i lost when i was single, and thats about 40lbs!!
                      So now that my Wedding is less then 6 months away, I started a workout/Diet thing on my own. The problem is, During the week, at work, I eat fabulous. I get up early, d my workout DVD's and I am so busy at work I only eat what I am suppose to and sometimes less. When i come home, it's late so i have a Salad and I'm good to go.
                      But When the weekend rolls around, I get back to doing Wedding stuff and it's really hard to stay on track. This morning I made Chocolate Chip pancakes...Did i need to make Pancakes, Let alone CHOCOLATE chip? LOL..No...But I cant help myself :-(
                      So your not in this alone, but it does stink :-(
                      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users