Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4431 starrysim

starrysim
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

I totally forgot to mention!  Can you guys believe it, I randomly ran into another BDW bride (sn2bMrsMarshall) at the resort, her wedding was 2 days before mine.  Not sure where she's been since the wedding - Sheena, if you're around, I wanna see pics!!  I didn't get to see her wedding because we were at Dunn's River Falls that day, but my hubby saw them taking pictures on the beach later, and he said she looked amazing.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4432 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
    • 159 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Just got email confirmation My wedding date is February 21, 2013.

#4433 clonedtwice

clonedtwice
      • Site Supporter
      • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

Can anyone recommend any group excursions?  We were thinking of going on a sunset cruise the 2nd night we are there instead of a welcome party on the resort.  Have any brides done any group tours and who did you book with?   

#4434 luvmoo

luvmoo
        • 503 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi! We only had the small birth certificates also.. with no father's names on them, ad i was told by the WC we needed the long version ( the larger certificates) with the fathers name.. so we just went online and ordered them through the provincial website... depending on what province you were born in etc.. it is actually quite easy... My FI was born in BC and we live in Alberta, so for his we went on the website and ordered it... came in one week. With mine, because we live in the same province I was born, i just had to go and order mine through a registry office.. 

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by X-Tina 

Help please!

I'm having a hard time finding current information about sending in the birth certificates. My fiance and I have Canadian birth certificates without our father's name on them. Has that posed a problem for anyone else or are we ok to send in the notarized copies of those?

Thank you so much Iberostar brides! 

#4435 Sjay

Sjay
          • 205 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Yay! Congratulations!

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie 

Just got email confirmation My wedding date is February 21, 2013.

#4436 Sjay

Sjay
            • 205 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks! Very helpful. I believe the Suites steakhouse is Aunt Ruby's.

I think it's going to take some work to get him into a suit at all, but really, if my dress ends up being more casual, he might just skip the jacket altogether.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

One Steakhouse is Uncle Tony's, and the other is Aunt Ruby's.  One is at the Beach, the other at the Suites (I always forget which is which).  As for the weather, it was totally fine for us in mid-November. Not as humid as the worst of Toronto.  There's usually a bit of a breeze too.  That said, my legs got really hot and sweaty under my dress while sitting down during dinner, but otherwise I was fine. My husband was fine in his suit for the ceremony and pictures (a very light wool suit - please don't make yours wear polyester!).  Hope this helps!

#4437 pmwoodard1978

pmwoodard1978
              • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Sorry I've been so bad about posting a review or informaiton since I've been back, but here is a link to my professional photos. I had Marcia Roberts as my photographer and she took over 1100 photos, and I narrowed them down to a smaller group to share with you guys in this Kodak album.

http://www.kodakgall...-_-Sharer-_-Top

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. I had a great time at Beach and the Grand was awesome for our honeymoon.

Paula

#4438 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
                • 159 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, I hope you get yours soon as well. I quite literally giggled myself to sleep last night. I can finally get on with the details like booking a photographer and finding a travel agent. WOO HOO!!

Originally Posted by Sjay 

Yay! Congratulations!

#4439 starrysim

starrysim
                  • 349 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 

Sorry I've been so bad about posting a review or informaiton since I've been back, but here is a link to my professional photos. I had Marcia Roberts as my photographer and she took over 1100 photos, and I narrowed them down to a smaller group to share with you guys in this Kodak album.

http://www.kodakgall...-_-Sharer-_-Top

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. I had a great time at Beach and the Grand was awesome for our honeymoon.

Paula

Thanks for sharing!  We got married at the Beach 10 days after you, and we also worked with Marcia.  I'm so nervous about seeing her pics, but I can't wait!  When did you get your pics back from her?  I hope they come in time so I can frame some to give to family for Christmas.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4440 qtskee78

qtskee78
                    • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

Hi my name is Keesha! I'm SO excited to have found this website and thread! So much great information. We just booked our wedding at the Grand also. June 18, 2012!! Just had our engagement party which was an absolute blast. All of our friends and family are really looking forward to Jamaica next year. I LOVE the Grand. It's amazing and I am overjoyed to be getting married there! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users