Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3651 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

Congratulations!!!  Everything looks so beautiful.  I love the idea of the TTD the day before and sort of 'getting it over with'.  I wasn't looking forward to getting up early the day after the wedding to take more pictures, so I'll have to look into this option.  Can't wait to read your review.

Originally Posted by daisymable 

Hi,

I'm so sorry I have not posted my review yet. I am trying to finish an online course which is consuming my time right now.  Here is a link to my photographers blog in the meantime.  I will try to get the review up soon!

the wedding:  http://blog.lawsonph...can-wedding-mon 

trash the dress:  http://blog.lawsonph...trash-the-dress 

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
    Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3652 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
    • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

ANYONE DOING A STATESIDE MARRIAGE THAN TO JAMAICA? IF I DO MY DATE IN JAMAICA WILL BE WEDDING DATE...IM DEBATING...

#3653 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
      • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

I JUST FEAR A DELAY IN MARRIAGE LICENSCE...IM HEARING IT TAKES A LONG TIME...I CAN GET A FREE MARRIAGE LICENCE IN THE STATE PRETTY MUCH

#3654 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
        • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm actually getting married a couple months earlier at home, and then doing the blessing in Jamaica. But I've decided I'm not really considering myself married until Jamaica. We're actually not telling anyone but the parents that we're doing it early (for a few reasons it will just work out best for us). But I won't be changing my name until after we get back and everyone knows we're married. LOL. So complicated. ;) But we had always planned on getting married in our home state first, since it was my fiance's requirement. He wanted to get married on US soil. So I just said whatever, ok. Haha. Kind of wish we were doing traditional and our wedding was just.... our actual wedding, BUT we don't seem to do anything the way you're "supposed" to. :)

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

ANYONE DOING A STATESIDE MARRIAGE THAN TO JAMAICA? IF I DO MY DATE IN JAMAICA WILL BE WEDDING DATE...IM DEBATING...

#3655 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
          • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

cool. I am really considering. Do you know if you can exchange vows and rings and do sand ceremony etc if it is a nonlegal marriage ceremony?

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

I'm actually getting married a couple months earlier at home, and then doing the blessing in Jamaica. But I've decided I'm not really considering myself married until Jamaica. We're actually not telling anyone but the parents that we're doing it early (for a few reasons it will just work out best for us). But I won't be changing my name until after we get back and everyone knows we're married. LOL. So complicated. ;) But we had always planned on getting married in our home state first, since it was my fiance's requirement. He wanted to get married on US soil. So I just said whatever, ok. Haha. Kind of wish we were doing traditional and our wedding was just.... our actual wedding, BUT we don't seem to do anything the way you're "supposed" to. :)

#3656 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Also for nonlegal only your wedding certificate is needed. Does that have to be sent early or only upon arrival? I don't plan to do mine until the week before.

#3657 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

Tiffany said we can have all of the above with nonlegal ceremony. Sweet!!!

#3658 luvmoo

luvmoo
                • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

We are choosing NOT to do a local leagl wedding or ceremony here before the wedding. we will be legally married in Jamaica... We also heard of the delays but i am getting my documents notarized this week, and sebnding them to the WC with LOTS of time! i am also sending them via DHL, or UPS or someone like that to ensure they get there in a timely fashion. all our wc said was that she needed them a minimum of 30 days before the wedding.. so to be safe, i will be getting them to her 60 days before the wedding! :)

#3659 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

Just to add to my previous post also, I know ti takes a long time to get the actual license.. but the resprt we are going to gives us the option to get a certified copy of the marriage documents while you are there, so that tyou can start changing your name and doing that sort of thing as soon as you come back.. so that is what we are going to do.

I JUST FEAR A DELAY IN MARRIAGE LICENSCE...IM HEARING IT TAKES A LONG TIME...I CAN GET A FREE MARRIAGE LICENCE IN THE STATE PRETTY MUCH

#3660 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                    • 191 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for bringing this up! With all the excitment of dress shopping I forgot all about the legal stuff! And I'm a month before you, guess I'd better get a move on.

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

We are choosing NOT to do a local leagl wedding or ceremony here before the wedding. we will be legally married in Jamaica... We also heard of the delays but i am getting my documents notarized this week, and sebnding them to the WC with LOTS of time! i am also sending them via DHL, or UPS or someone like that to ensure they get there in a timely fashion. all our wc said was that she needed them a minimum of 30 days before the wedding.. so to be safe, i will be getting them to her 60 days before the wedding! :)

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users