Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1621 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Breeze to the rescue!! Thanks so much for the weather and sunset links!!!

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

Bree,

How did you do the curled/waved ribbon that you used for chair and huppa decor? I LOVED them!!!! Was it a special kind of ribbon or did you have to do something to them?

Thanks!

I will be featuring how to make these on my upcoming blog - stay tuned!! :D

Originally Posted by ashaun 

OMG Breeze - Now I am nervous

One more question.  In all of the pictures I have seen, the fabric on the chuppahs is wrapped tightly instead of loosly/flowing.  Does anyone know if this can be done another way if requested? 

It can be hung loosely - it is mostly wrapped because it is usually to windy to hang loosely.

Future Brides - I've posted this link a couple times but here it goes again -

Mo Bay sunrise/set info is here:

http://uk.weather.co...MXX0003?month=8

Wind, Rain Etc charts are here:

http://jamaica-guide...er/temperature/

#1622 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
    • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

The guests I least thought would complain is doing so!!! Even my FI's parents. Ok booking at the beach is understandable, but they are thinking of booking at Holiday Sunspree (cheaper)... Is this good news or bad???

#1623 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

My fiance and I actually stayed at the Holiday Sunspree during our site visit trip back in November. It's a nice hotel for a quick get away weekend. Although they do weddings too, it's not what you'd want, at least in my opinion. We too considered it and in the end decided it wouldn't be what we'd want. 

Funny earlier fiance and I were even considering booking at the Beach because we realize it is cheaper than the Suites, but right now we're still content with the Suites. We agreed if people don't come because of the price etc., that's A-OK with us.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

The guests I least thought would complain is doing so!!! Even my FI's parents. Ok booking at the beach is understandable, but they are thinking of booking at Holiday Sunspree (cheaper)... Is this good news or bad???

#1624 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
        • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

The wedding agreement says 90% of your guests must stay at the Iberostar property. How does this work? What if everyone wants to stay at a cheaper resort and just come to the wedding? I know that would change our plans tremendously, but what can you do? This stinks!

#1625 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
          • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I am not sure if this is for the private reception. To me it seems as if that 90% must be at the Iberostar for the whole wedding package. The agreement said "this wedding package is only for Iberostar guests. The couple and at least 90% of their guests should stay at this property... I know the outside guests would have to pay $100, but is that fee only for the 10% not included among the 90%. What if more than 90% of your guests decide to vacay on another resort that is not an Iberostar property?

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Can any past IBRHS brides answer this question for me please. Right now we're in the stage where we just sent out our STDs and right now guests are viewing our website. Some of them are complaining about the price of the rooms at the hotel. I admit I realize the hotel rooms are very pricey. I just saw they're about $323 per night. Combine that with a flight and it comes out to about $1,000 for 5 days.

My question is, in the wedding contract, the hotel states that 90% of the guest have to stay at the resort, in order for us to obtain a private reception. Is this really true?

I'd like our guests to have the flexibility of staying at another hotel, paying the $100 day pass for the wedding and just not feel so restricted if anything. We do want a private reception, don't get me wrong, but I just want to know if this rule is set in stone?

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks!

#1626 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Awesome, thanks.  Sorry if this should be obvious, but does the sunset time refer to when the sun just begins to go down (ie, we should be taking our "sunset" pics a few minutes and up to half an hour after this time), or is this when it's already pretty dark? thanks

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#1627 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
              • Site Supporter
              • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Starrysim,

That is totally not an obvious question (at least not to me!). Thanks for asking for clarification, I was wondering the same thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by starrysim 

Awesome, thanks.  Sorry if this should be obvious, but does the sunset time refer to when the sun just begins to go down (ie, we should be taking our "sunset" pics a few minutes and up to half an hour after this time), or is this when it's already pretty dark? thanks

#1628 Vaneska

Vaneska
                • 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

I believe she quoted me 7pp for bar service

Originally Posted by chan_porty 

Does anyone know if the $18/person for the reception includes the open bar or is there an additional cost for this?

#1629 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                  • 359 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

I talked to Nicole about the guests staying elsewhere. Nicole says majority has to be at an Iberostar property. At least 60% at Iberostar and 40% elsewhere. As long as majority of your guest stay at an Iberostar property than you can have the wedding at the Iberostar without cancellation. The guest would just have to pay $100. Children under 12 will be $50.

#1630 Vaneska

Vaneska
                    • 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yes, I heard that this is possible. If your getting married at the Beach they can do this at the cajun Restaurant :)

Originally Posted by KrystaRyan 

Is it possible to get a package with a ceremony on the beach... and then just get tables put together in one area of a restaurant for the reception?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users