Sign in to follow this  
destinationbride07

Dress Alterations...

Thank you DestinationBride for the referral! I greatly appreciate it! I have been looking for someone who will do alterations for my dress. How long did it take to have it altered?

Jessica

Kasias has raised their price for alterations! My dress was too long so they need to cut it and do the bustle. They charged me $ 295. Oh well... I hope they do a good job.

Kasias did not do a good job on my dress. I found out that the bustle that they did was not right and the hem on my dress was uneven. I wanted them to do a sweetheart neckline on my dress but they refused and said that they can't do it on my dress. I just found a great alterations lady named Sara who did a wonderful job creating a sweetheart neckline on my dress. I always felt rushed at Kasias and the mother who is the seamstress is overworked. They need additional help. I can't recommend them.

Hi Jessica - could you post more info about Sarah? I am looking for someone to alter the dress I bought out of town and just finally recieved today, and my wedding is only 4 weeks away! Thanks in advance,

Christy

Hi Jessica - could you post more info about Sarah? I am looking for someone to alter the dress I bought out of town and just finally recieved today, and my wedding is only 4 weeks away! Thanks in advance,

Christy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtds2713 View Post
Kasias has raised their price for alterations! My dress was too long so they need to cut it and do the bustle. They charged me $ 295. Oh well... I hope they do a good job.
Quote:
Kasias did not do a good job on my dress. I found out that the bustle that they did was not right and the hem on my dress was uneven. I wanted them to do a sweetheart neckline on my dress but they refused and said that they can't do it on my dress. I just found a great alterations lady named Sara who did a wonderful job creating a sweetheart neckline on my dress. I always felt rushed at Kasias and the mother who is the seamstress is overworked. They need additional help. I can't recommend them.
Oh no! I bought my dress there and it will definitely require alterations... if anybody has any suggestions for good Chicago-area alterations, please share!! Thanks. :-)

Quote:
Here is the contact info for the alterations lady in Chicago. Her name is Sarah. She did a great job altering the neckline of my dress. She was also recommended to me by Al'amour, a well-known bridal salon. Here is the link to the thread with her contact info: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t10396

Best to all!

Jess
Thank you so much!!