• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

So with all the reviews about Mac makeup, I'm thinking about going for a trial.

Now would you go to an actual Mac store or a store like Macys for your trial? I have both here around me, I just don't know if there's a difference.

#2 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

I think it would probably be the same at either. I most recently went to the MAC counter at Bloomingdales for my e-pics, and loved it! I asked the guy if it was considered more prestigious in the Mac community to work at a department store Mac counter or at a MAC store, and he told me that there really was no difference. I think you're good either way. Hope this helps!

#3 nicoleandscott

• 397 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

our MAC stores are always packed, but the department store MACs generally don't have as many people stopping by. i always opt for the department store version because i feel like it's a bit faster?

#4 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

I actually did both when I was looking for my wedding day makeup. I don't think there was a big difference except that the counter at Macy's was a bit busier than the MAC store was. Macy's only had 2 consultants whereas the MAC store had like 4. If you have time, why not do both on different days & see how the experiences differ. I found that both consultants used different products so I was able to experiment much more.

Also, don't mention that you're the bride. I would tell them that you are a BM or something, going to a DW. When I went to one store & told them I was a bride, they did not want to give me a trial & wanted me to schedule a "bridal consultation". At another store, I didn't have that problem but they did say that they typically make you have an appt if you're the bride. I guess it varies from store to store but that was my experience.

#5 NJ_bride

• 227 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

I have had both done. For my wedding trial I went to the store. One advantage to the store is that there are certain products that are only sold in the MAC Stores and online such as the pigments. My makeup held up perfect for my wedding at 4am it still looked as good as when i did it! I love MAC!

#6 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

I did both as well. MAC has the same training so you should not technically "know" the difference. either would be fine.

#7 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

I agree either would be fine.. I find our MAC store usually has more consultants so it's quicker to get service than at a dept store MAC.. plus our MAC store is a bit bigger so maybe they carry more products?

#8 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:07 AM

Great question! I was thinking of visiting a MAC counter myself; let us know how it goes! And of those of you that have used MAC; is it worth it?

#9 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thanks girls!!

Our Mac store is in The Pier at Ceaser's. So I'm thinking its going to be more expensive.

Maybe I'll try out both. I'll have to see once it gets closer and I start going tanning for a bit!!

Everyone I've talked to swears by Mac. I figured I'd try it, since so many say it makes such a big difference with pictures.

We shall see!!

#10 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Im actually a make up artist for MAC seasonally and we do both to the main stores and Department stores for events. If there isn't a big event planned for either place the girls working at the counter will do great! Good luck, you will love our make up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users