Photo

We were robbed! I won't be on for a while

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

omg - that is horrible, especially at this time of year. Glad to hear no one home tho and the puppy was safe.... hopefully everything can be replaced with the insurance.

#32 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this! What aholes! Soooooo happy your puppy is safe!!!!

#33 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

ugh, i'm so sorry! at least everyone is safe - that's what really counts.

#34 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I was robbed last March (while I was out shopping for wedding dresses) and it was a horrible feeling. The bastards kicked my tiny dog too. The only good thing is the police got all of my stuff back. I know how it makes you feel, just be thankful you were not at home.
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#35 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
          • 985 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this! What an awful thing to happen to you.

#36 lscilley

lscilley
            • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. I really hope they catch them and you guys can get your stuff back.

#37 sdnative222

sdnative222
              • 136 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Sorry to hear about your home getting broken into. The timing couldn't be any worse. I hope they find the horrible thieves and you are able to get back some of the items you lost. Thank heaven your doggie was safe and sound when you got home.
                Jocelynn and Shawn
                Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
                http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

#38 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                • 672 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

These times are so tough without any additional stressors. I hate that crime raises at this time of year and more so that you were a victim of such a terrible ordeal! I am very sorry that you had to experience such a violating offense.

Warmest wishes with you and hoping you will find 2009 to be a much better year!

#39 Virg

Virg
                  • 684 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

Our landlord has stepped up to the plate (for once pretty fast too!) and replaced all our locks, and is changing the exterior doors to metal, window-free fire-retardant doors. We have also put bars on the windows that are easily accessible, not attractive at all, but at least we are sleeping better at night.

We have decided not to replace anything until January, just because many robbers will wait long enough for you to replace (about 2-3 weeks) and then steal from you again… That and Christmas time is the most popular time to get robbed, even with a good economy.

We have Renters insurance, which is going to help, except for the 800$ deductible. The insurance adjuster is coming by this evening. The good thing about this is that our friends have been spectacular; they have been calling, checking up on us, and coming to stay over while my FI works Nights, just so we both feel safer.

Side note: THANK GOD MY WEDDING DRESS WAS A MY MOH’S HOUSE

2ND Side note: WHO THE F&%* STEALS AN ALMOST EMPTY PACK OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS REALLY! There were only 2 left in it….and who does not know what pills look like?!?!?!? LMAO

3rd side note: PAPER TOWELS STEAK?? VEAL REALLY ARE YOU THAT GHETTO!?!?!?!?
                    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#40 Virg

Virg
                    • 684 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

UPDATE: Police did not find any fingerprints. Right now our only hope is that a legitimate pawn shop will get the stuff. Which is highly unlikely. Oh well...
                      Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                      Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users