Your Fiance....

Christinamaria22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
I will make you feel better! My FI didn't even know where we were going.
OMG I am LMAO! But seriously, my DH did not want to participate in any of the planning and when I did ask is opinion on my DIY projects he didn't like them, wanted to change them, etc. So I stopped asking and did my own thing. The only thing I needed him to do was pick his outfit and carry the suitcases!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FI doesn't know the name of the place we are getting married at either. FI went with me on Saturday to go shopping for my shoes and I said that I wanted simple shoes and big dangly earings... He said... wait, you already have earrings. The ones I was wearing at the time were there tacky bright red studs... They just don't get it.

Technically, this is the third time me and FI are planning our wedding. The first two times, we had lots of family arguments and didn't end up booking anything.

He was really uninvolved those first two times. I think it was because I was planning mainly out of bridal magazines. This time he tries really hard to be involved, but he's so bad at details. I'll tell him or show him something, and then days later he'll ask me if I've thought about it yet. *sigh* At least he tries this time! The last two times, I couldn't even get an opinion out of him!!

• 2 years later...

this is a GREAT thread - I'm sure our recent brides and future brides can shed some light on how to deal with an uninvolved FI.

I must admit it's a little frustrating, he says it's all up to me, but when I tell him what I want, he says it's weird or he doesn't like it, or has no reaction whatsoever and changes the subject.

Sigh....

At least he's not a groomzilla! Don't think I could handle that, especially with his randomly expensive taste! 

I never really gave my FI the option.  I would just show him pics of whatever I was trying to decide on at the time and made him pick his favorite or tell me why he doesn't like any of them.  I would bring my laptop into the living room during his tv time, and go over 2 or 3 things but tried not to overwhelm him.  I always had the pictures ready to go when I asked him his opinions so it was easy for him to just look over and say, "That one!"

Weddingaway

Thats exactly what I do. I'll show hima picture of something ask" which looks better" have him choose then I decide if I like it too. It would be nice if they were more involved but men well my man prefers sports over what flowers should we pick!

Originally Posted by weddingaway View Post

I never really gave my FI the option.  I would just show him pics of whatever I was trying to decide on at the time and made him pick his favorite or tell me why he doesn't like any of them.  I would bring my laptop into the living room during his tv time, and go over 2 or 3 things but tried not to overwhelm him.  I always had the pictures ready to go when I asked him his opinions so it was easy for him to just look over and say, "That one!"

We had a similar issue. I wanted him to be more involved which created some arguements but he sat me down one day and said, to prevent further arguements you need to know that guys do not care about these little details that you women care about, so please stop getting upset with me when I tell you that the save the dates look fine and I don't elaborate on them.

I'm doing the best I can with him choosing what he is interested in and trying not to ask him too much about his opinion on things I know he doesn't care about. If he asks I will tell him and I will tell him about the big things but i try not to ask his opinion too much because he prolly won't have one that is worth while or it will be the oppossite of mine and I'm not having that! :-)

I'm right there with you girls... I think it is a rare guy who will actually care.. I mean if we asked for their help in doing something I'm sure they all would lend a hand but in choosing things, I've already learned it is my decision I get yeah that's nice in between his video games..

Hahaha - mine is so strange.... he usually does not like talking wedding stuff, but definitely has an opinion on everything, which is fine - he has great taste most of the time (obviously, he is marrying me!). EXCEPT he is taking it so far that he actually wants to come along to help me pick out my wedding dress! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! He reasons that he is my fave shopping partner (true) but seriously???? I think either really involved or really uninvolved are both bad!!!

I was watching say yes to the dress and the women working in the dress shops said the worst people to come are the grooms and they hate it!! And do you really want him to see you beforehand?

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

Hahaha - mine is so strange.... he usually does not like talking wedding stuff, but definitely has an opinion on everything, which is fine - he has great taste most of the time (obviously, he is marrying me!). EXCEPT he is taking it so far that he actually wants to come along to help me pick out my wedding dress! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! He reasons that he is my fave shopping partner (true) but seriously???? I think either really involved or really uninvolved are both bad!!!