Jump to content

Photo

Citlalli Rico Review and Our Pro Wedding/TTD Pics


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

    Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

    Now that we have our pictures I wanted to write a quick review about our photographer Citlalli Rico. We hired her through Claudia Photo. I would highly recommend her as Mike and I are so happy with our pictures, and we had a great time working with her. She photographed our Friday wedding at the Iberostar Lindo with an assistant, and we scheduled our 2 hour TTD session for the Monday after at the Iberostar Grand (we switched hotels after the wedding for honeymoon). We had to pay a $50 guest pass for her and her assistant for the wedding day and $150 guest pass for them to come to the Grand. I'm not sure why there was such a difference in the guest pass prices, and we didn't find out until the day of the TTD so we just went with it. We had to pay the resort photoshop $300 for hiring an outside photographer for the wedding, but we only had to pay that once. The guest passes were charged to our room, and we paid the photoshop with travelers checks.

    I had sent Claudia a list of some of our must have pictures and some other shots that I liked from other weddings. I also gave her a list of all our guest names with pictures ahead of time to help know who everyone was. Citlalli was calling people by their names on the wedding day so it must have helped! She has the patience of a saint because Mike's nephew doesn't listen and apparently doesn't cooperate very well for pictures. She still managed to get some cute pictures with him even though I know it had to be really frustrating. Mike was aggravated with him and had to hold his arms down at one point so I can only imagine what she was thinking. Ha ha!

    Citlalli had some great ideas and went along with other pictures that we wanted. The colors of the pictures are amazing! We got a photo album filled with color and black and white 4x6 prints, a bunch of 8x10 and 5x7 prints of color and black and white, and all our digital negatives on 4 CDs.

    Here is the link to our pics if you want to check them out:

    Shutterfly | View share
    Michelle

    #2 BBtoB

    BBtoB
    • Jr. Member
    • 399 posts

      Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride08
      Now that we have our pictures I wanted to write a quick review about our photographer Citlalli Rico. We hired her through Claudia Photo. I would highly recommend her as Mike and I are so happy with our pictures, and we had a great time working with her. She photographed our Friday wedding at the Iberostar Lindo with an assistant, and we scheduled our 2 hour TTD session for the Monday after at the Iberostar Grand (we switched hotels after the wedding for honeymoon). We had to pay a $50 guest pass for her and her assistant for the wedding day and $150 guest pass for them to come to the Grand. I'm not sure why there was such a difference in the guest pass prices, and we didn't find out until the day of the TTD so we just went with it. We had to pay the resort photoshop $300 for hiring an outside photographer for the wedding, but we only had to pay that once. The guest passes were charged to our room, and we paid the photoshop with travelers checks.

      I had sent Claudia a list of some of our must have pictures and some other shots that I liked from other weddings. I also gave her a list of all our guest names with pictures ahead of time to help know who everyone was. Citlalli was calling people by their names on the wedding day so it must have helped! She has the patience of a saint because Mike's nephew doesn't listen and apparently doesn't cooperate very well for pictures. She still managed to get some cute pictures with him even though I know it had to be really frustrating. Mike was aggravated with him and had to hold his arms down at one point so I can only imagine what she was thinking. Ha ha!

      Citlalli had some great ideas and went along with other pictures that we wanted. The colors of the pictures are amazing! We got a photo album filled with color and black and white 4x6 prints, a bunch of 8x10 and 5x7 prints of color and black and white, and all our digital negatives on 4 CDs.

      Here is the link to our pics if you want to check them out:

      Shutterfly | View share


      Thanks for the info about the DJ. Your pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing! I hope mine turn out as well as yours!

      #3 kate.com

      kate.com

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

        Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

        Congrats! I love your siggy picture~

        #4 Ayita

        Ayita
        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

          I just missed her by a day... she got a deposit yesterday morning for the date of my wedding ! (sob). I hope I can still book Claudia... I'm getting nervous !!

          #5 dbellie1414

          dbellie1414
          • Jr. Member
          • 204 posts

            Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:44 AM

            Your pics are beautiful! We have Citalli for our wedding I am super excited! You got your pictures back really quick! Was Citalli's assistant taking pictures too?
            Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
            http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

            Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

            #6 beachbride08

            beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

              Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dbellie1414
              Your pics are beautiful! We have Citalli for our wedding I am super excited! You got your pictures back really quick! Was Citalli's assistant taking pictures too?
              The assistant on the wedding day was just holding the flash, she didn't take any photos. Her sister is her other assistant and she was taking pictures the day of the TTD session.
              Michelle

              #7 pdcbride09

              pdcbride09
              • Newbie
              • 76 posts

                Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

                Thanks for posting all of your pics! That really eases my nerves a bit. We booked Citalli for May 8th 2009. I'm just nervous that we won't have her for enough time. I booked her for 3 hours. But, we are doing our reception at a local restaurant in Playa..so no dancing or anything like that..just the normal dinner so didn't think I needed her longer than that. There ceremony only takes 30mins so I figured 1 hour of photos for the cocktail hour, 30 mins for ceremony then maybe 30 mins of getting ready?? That's two..then the rest I would assume would be extra.

                One thing, you took pictures w/ your husband BEFORE the ceremony? I was thinking about doing that and taking pictures down 5th ave..but not sure if I want to do that. I want him to be surprised too. I guess I can always ask Citalli.

                There are not many posts on here w/ Citalli's/Claudia's crew pics. So again, thanks from a fellow Chicagoan (brrrr) for posting! you guys look great!!

                #8 beachbride08

                beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

                  Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pdcbride09
                  Thanks for posting all of your pics! That really eases my nerves a bit. We booked Citalli for May 8th 2009. I'm just nervous that we won't have her for enough time. I booked her for 3 hours. But, we are doing our reception at a local restaurant in Playa..so no dancing or anything like that..just the normal dinner so didn't think I needed her longer than that. There ceremony only takes 30mins so I figured 1 hour of photos for the cocktail hour, 30 mins for ceremony then maybe 30 mins of getting ready?? That's two..then the rest I would assume would be extra.

                  One thing, you took pictures w/ your husband BEFORE the ceremony? I was thinking about doing that and taking pictures down 5th ave..but not sure if I want to do that. I want him to be surprised too. I guess I can always ask Citalli.

                  There are not many posts on here w/ Citalli's/Claudia's crew pics. So again, thanks from a fellow Chicagoan (brrrr) for posting! you guys look great!!
                  Yes, we took pictures of the bridal party and Mike & I before the ceremony. Citlalli came to my room first and took getting ready pictures for about 30 minutes or so. She got there before my girls were there so I think 30 minutes is plenty of time for that. Mike and I planned out where we wanted to take pictures in advance. The gazebo that we met in to see each other for the first time was in the building next to where our room was, then we walked over to the checkerboard garden and then the beach. Me and the girls had to wait in our room for the WC so we took the rest of the pics in the courtyard of our building so we basically walked in a circle to take all the bridal party pictures. This worked out well since we weren't wasting time walking all over. Citlalli went with the guys over to the wedding gazebo to take the set up pictures and some guest pictures. Our ceremony was only about 20 minutes, and then we took family and guest pictures afterwards and a couple of shots of just Mike & I so we missed most of our cocktail hour. We had Citlalli for 6 hours on the wedding day, but she took a couple pics at dinner and the rest during the reception. She left after the speeches so we didn't get any group dancing shots, but did get the first dance and parent's dances. We had 2 hours for the TTD. I think pictures on 5th Avenue would be pretty cool, is that where your dinner is going to be?
                  Michelle

                  #9 pdcbride09

                  pdcbride09
                  • Newbie
                  • 76 posts

                    Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

                    Yes, our dinner is going to be at Playasia on 5th here's the link:
                    Playasia Restaurant, Playa del Carmen

                    It looks awesome!! As you can see from the pics, it is very exotic looking and definitely no room for dancing or anything like that. I think we will all be sitting at one big table. We are getting married via Blue Parrot Weddings. On the beach in front of Blue Parrot Beach Club. We are a little worried that the beach will be too crowded and that their may be boats..but who cares. That area is too cute.

                    That's what I heard, that the ceremony is only around 20 mins. so I think 3 hours will be enough for us then. I just don't know when we would be able to take pics on 5th ave. after the ceremony or before or what? grrr. I'm hoping we'll get enough of pics in there. I would LOVE to do the trash the dress photo session but that's too $$$. It looks like so much fun and I honestly think those pics always turn out better than the actual wedding day.

                    How you liking this 17 degree weather we are having today? It's pretty brutal out there! Thank God there isn't a strong wind today! Especially for me since I work downtown!

                    #10 beachbride08

                    beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

                      Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pdcbride09
                      Yes, our dinner is going to be at Playasia on 5th here's the link:
                      Playasia Restaurant, Playa del Carmen

                      It looks awesome!! As you can see from the pics, it is very exotic looking and definitely no room for dancing or anything like that. I think we will all be sitting at one big table. We are getting married via Blue Parrot Weddings. On the beach in front of Blue Parrot Beach Club. We are a little worried that the beach will be too crowded and that their may be boats..but who cares. That area is too cute.

                      That's what I heard, that the ceremony is only around 20 mins. so I think 3 hours will be enough for us then. I just don't know when we would be able to take pics on 5th ave. after the ceremony or before or what? grrr. I'm hoping we'll get enough of pics in there. I would LOVE to do the trash the dress photo session but that's too $$$. It looks like so much fun and I honestly think those pics always turn out better than the actual wedding day.

                      How you liking this 17 degree weather we are having today? It's pretty brutal out there! Thank God there isn't a strong wind today! Especially for me since I work downtown!
                      We saw that place from the outside when we went to PDC, the inside looks awesome! Honestly, it took some convincing for me to get my now hubby to agree to take pictures before the ceremony. He is very traditional, and I'm not! We did have our legal ceremony here before Mexico so then he was alright with it since technically we were already married. Afterwards, he said that was a really smart thing to do since we were able to get all the bridal party pics out of the way in the locations we wanted. We wouldn't have been able to go anywhere besides take pics by the gazebo after the ceremony. It got dark pretty quick and it started to drizzle. We didn't take a whole lot of pics on the wedding day of just Mike and I so I'm glad we did the TTD to get more alone pics of us. Plus, it gave us the opportunity to take pics at the Grand which is beautiful!

                      This weather is ridiculous! I was downtown yesterday for a meeting and I thought my face was going to fall off after walking from the el. This is precisely the reason we are moving to AZ soon! I love Chicago, but I hate the weather here. I'm not looking forward to going out to the post office soon, but I need to get stamps and mail our thank yous and Christmas cards.
                      Michelle




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users