29 replies to this topic

#21 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by becks
    Abbie:

I'll share one of life's lessons, learned the hard way. When they say 10 feet. They mean 10 FEET!! I bought something like this thinking oh, 10 feet, so if I'm snorkeling, and I dive down to take a picture of the pretty coral formation "right down there" it will be fine. Nope. Cracked the casing, ruined it, ruined the memory card, everything. And the store wouldn't take it back because I'd taken it to about 12 feet. A deep swimming pool can actually damage it.

You're much better off with the casing that Jean Marcus suggests - it will go to 25-50 feet depending what you buy, which is good enough for any snorkeling, and if you get a 50-footer should work for shallow scuba trips.
    im gonna have to let a friend of mine knows who just got one of those... i dont think she has taken it swiming or anything yet. mainly we just have fun with it by throwing it in someones drink at a party haha

#22 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jean-marcus
    mainly we just have fun with it by throwing it in someones drink at a party haha
    Yipes! I would still freak out, it's that OMG moment when you forget you've got a waterproof kind!

#23 Jenn79

Jenn79
    • 625 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DougsGirl
      OK here it is. I'm actually getting it for Doug for his wedding present :)
      Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
      Olympus Stylus 790SW 7.1MP Waterproof Digital Camera with Dual Image Stabilized 3x Optical Zoom (Orange)
      7.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 15 x 20-inch prints
      2.5-inch HyperCrystal LCD screen minimizes glare
      3x optical zoom; Face Detection technology
      Waterproof (down to 10 feet), freeze-proof, and crush-proof design
      27 Shooting modes; in-camera editing options
      Just an aside (don't mean to hijack), but I just wanted to say you should be very happy with your Olympus. I'm on my third Olympus camera (keep upgrading, I'm a bit of a photo nut), and have no complaints whatsoever.
      Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
      Review Pictures Pro Pictures
      "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#24 jenvh

jenvh
      • 135 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

We got disposable waterproof cameras for our OOT bags. At Kmart I think. They were probably $12 each but we have very few people coming to our wedding so we only had to buy 4 or 5. Don't know how good the pictures will be. I think we got cameras like this when we went to Hawaii a few years ago and the pictures were fine. I have a feeling FI 11 year old neice will be the one using them the most.

#25 LindsayG

LindsayG
        • 95 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

I'm thinking of picking up one of these - Waterproof Camera Cases: Digital, SLR, Point & Shoot for mine and my mother's camera. Might be a bit pricy for OOT bags, but looks neat nonetheless.
          Lindsay & Billy
          July 11, 2008
          Paradisus Punta Cana

#26 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

We will be buying one of those waterproof cases that Jean-Marcus showed on here.. it fits perfectly with our Canon point and shoot

#27 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
            • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LindsayG
              I'm thinking of picking up one of these -
              We will be buying one of those waterproof cases that Jean-Marcus showed on here.. it fits perfectly with our Canon point and shoot
              just make sure you get the one that fits your exact model number or it wont fit at all in there :)

#28 cristina7458

cristina7458
              • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

i love this site anything that you need to know about planning a wedding is here!! i cant wait to make my oot bags!

#29 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
                • 271 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

I've never had much success with those disposable ones...I've heard the best thing to buy one of the waterproof cases for your digital camera.

I'm going to look into those soon, anyone know of any good ones?

#30 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
                  • 271 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

DOH! I should have read the WHOLE thread before posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users