Jump to content

Photo

disposable underwater cameras?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 akumalbound

akumalbound
  • Newbie
  • 57 posts

    Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

    has anyone found a great deal on them? given them in the OOT bag and gotten positive feedback from guests? i'd think everyone would love them.

    #2 mexico15

    mexico15
    • Jr. Member
    • 250 posts

      Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

      This was a hard one to find great deals on...even ebay didn't have any good deals ;( I did find this site...but not much of a savings..just a little bit
      Wholesale Disposable Digital & Custom Wedding Cameras, Kid Tough Polaroid Camera & Film, Cheap MP3 Players
      Hope that helps. I will keep looking.

      #3 CourtneyV

      CourtneyV
      • Sr. Member
      • 4,979 posts

        Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mexico15
        This was a hard one to find great deals on...even ebay didn't have any good deals ;( I did find this site...but not much of a savings..just a little bit
        Wholesale Disposable Digital & Custom Wedding Cameras, Kid Tough Polaroid Camera & Film, Cheap MP3 Players
        Hope that helps. I will keep looking.
        That's actually the best site I've seen so far. I love this idea for an OOT bag because we're doing a group outing snorkeling and everyone will want one anyways. Great site, I've got it bookmarked!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

        #4 MsShelley

        MsShelley

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

          Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

          I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but can anyone recommend a good underwater camera that the pictures come out halfway decent?

          #5 JUSTUSTWO

          JUSTUSTWO

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

            Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MsShelley
            I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but can anyone recommend a good underwater camera that the pictures come out halfway decent?
            Shelley, we used the Kodak brand. They are pricey but we bought them just for us & we were happy with the way the pics came out. I think they had 2 in 1 pack.

            #6 MsShelley

            MsShelley

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

              Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
              Shelley, we used the Kodak brand. They are pricey but we bought them just for us & we were happy with the way the pics came out. I think they had 2 in 1 pack.
              pricey works for me, I just want good pictures.

              I found an underwater digital camera, which would be nicer than I wouldn't have to scan the photos in, but I'm not sure about it

              Amazon.com: Digital Concepts Aqua Shot VGA Under Water Digital Camera (Color May Vary): Camera & Photo

              #7 JUSTUSTWO

              JUSTUSTWO

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

                Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MsShelley
                pricey works for me, I just want good pictures.

                I found an underwater digital camera, which would be nicer than I wouldn't have to scan the photos in, but I'm not sure about it

                Amazon.com: Digital Concepts Aqua Shot VGA Under Water Digital Camera (Color May Vary): Camera & Photo
                Looks cool & its digital. Did you see the reviews?
                This is what we used:
                KODAK Sport Single Use Camera
                I think we got it at Duane Reade or something like that. The good thing was that we got a Picture Cd with it so thats how I was able to share my pics...too bad I don't know where that is now : (

                #8 ACDCDCAC

                ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

                Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

                Shelley, this weekend I found a REAL digital camera that works and actually has settings for underwater pictures, for less than $300. I think you are probably looking for a "one-time use" kind of a thing, but just in case I thought I'd let you know. It was at Best Buy, and I'm trying to find the brand for you.. BRB..

                #9 ACDCDCAC

                ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

                Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

                OK here it is. I'm actually getting it for Doug for his wedding present :)
                Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
                Olympus Stylus 790SW 7.1MP Waterproof Digital Camera with Dual Image Stabilized 3x Optical Zoom (Orange)
                7.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 15 x 20-inch prints
                2.5-inch HyperCrystal LCD screen minimizes glare
                3x optical zoom; Face Detection technology
                Waterproof (down to 10 feet), freeze-proof, and crush-proof design
                27 Shooting modes; in-camera editing options

                #10 MsShelley

                MsShelley

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

                  Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                  Looks cool & its digital. Did you see the reviews?
                  This is what we used:
                  KODAK Sport Single Use Camera
                  I think we got it at Duane Reade or something like that. The good thing was that we got a Picture Cd with it so thats how I was able to share my pics...too bad I don't know where that is now : (

                  omg, what a blonde, I can get a picture cd, lol, I was thinking all I would have are pictures. See how long its been since I developed film?




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users