These are the new vendor rules as of 11/29/2011. (slight revision adding 8 & 9 3/23/2014)
We will now have paid memberships for ALL Vendors to participate in the forum.
We have NEW vendor options:
- Please email email@example.com for rates and available options.
ONLY INSIDER ACCOUNTS are allowed to participate on this forum but must abide by the following rules:
1. Please be honest about who you are. DO NOT pretend to be a bride or groom to promote your business.
2. You are allowed 1 thread (in the "Vendor Marketplace" Forum) to introduce yourself and post your information advertising your business. Do not post your info in multiple threads.
3. Vendors Marketplace: Vendors are allowed to post 1 thread in the Vendor Marketplace with their business info, website, pictures, etc. All other ads/promotions/specials must be approved by BDW so please send the information to us for approval.
4. Please do not actively or aggressively solicit our members (PM-ing them or emailing them directly). If they would like information from you, they will contact you. We do not allow solicitations via pm. If it has been found that you have done so you may risk being banned from the forum.
5. Spamming: Although it is ok to put your company information in your signature (please reference siggy rule regarding putting website links) and profile, SPAMMING is PROHIBITED. You will get one warning about spamming. One example of spamming is welcoming newbies and saying something like "go to my website or contact me for more info". Try to at least post something helpful or welcoming in the post.
6. Promotions or Giveaways: If you are a Vendor and have a "promotion" or "freebie" offer that you would like to post, please email us. We do not want conflicting promos that may take away from another vendors give-away, etc.
7. Starting new threads that profile your work (photography, invitations, etc.), please be sure that the following requirements are met:
- the subject is a Destination Wedding (ex. photogs - do not post great pics from a wedding in Georgia) OR the subject is a BDW member.
8. Stay ON TOPIC: If the thread is about NOW Jade, do not post a random picture of another resort. If the discussion is about a bride's frustration because her bridesmaid have backed out of the wedding, it is NOT appropriate to post pictures of a wedding picture you took with bunch of bridesmaids. Try to be sensitive to the topic that is being discussed and share or support NOT just promote your business.
9. Where to post your images: It is best to post them in your image gallery with the image properly named, categorize and/or tagged. Another great place to post them is in your Vendor Blog. If a member is asking for images of the gazebo at Dreams Los Cabos, it is appropriate to post one f your images of the gazebo at Dreams Los Cabos. It is not appropriate to just post random images derailing the thread discussion.
This includes business that are not wedding related (ie. your side photography business, your modeling portfolio, anything you are trying to advertise, etc.)
Travel Agents: If you are a travel agent and would like to advertise and/or participate on the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have destination wedding experience and there is a waiting list for travel agents to participate on the forum.
If you have paid for your yearly membership dues and/or any advertising and break one of the forum rules or vendor rules and are banned from the forum, you will not receive a refund of any membership dues or advertising fees.
* The membership fees do not apply to the Administrator(s) or Moderators. Administrator(s) and Moderators are allowed same privileges as Insider Vendors.
Thanks for joining us and we look forward to hearing from all of you.