Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#401 caroline0277

caroline0277
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s_katrese
    caroline777 what type of modified menu did you come up with?
    We're thinking of doing a tasting menu... smaller plates... maybe 5-6 courses but much smaller portions. We'll theme it in some way- their recommended dishes, our favorite dishes, or a cultural focus. It's been a thought we've had but sounds possible on their end.

#402 ButterflyR12

ButterflyR12
    • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Hey Everyone!!! I'm sooo excited we finally got our date confirmed today - we're getting married December 3rd 2010! It seems like so far away...but I'm sure it will be here before we know it!

My FI and I went to EPM last March for a week's vacation and abolustely LOVED it!
      We were most impressed with the food...we both have food allergies (he is allergic to Gluten and I am lactose intolerant) and neither one of us got sick the entire time which was really impressive!

Can anyone email me the .pdfs for the menu / cake / packages and such? I know that it may take some time for Yamina to send it after reading through this thread...(rebecca.ooyen@gmail.com)

Looking forward to planning and chatting with you all!
      Rebecca

#403 s_katrese

s_katrese
      • 182 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

Butterfly I sent you the information.

#404 thope

thope
        • 104 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hey Ladies...Where is everyone having their cocktail hour? I would like to have ours at the beach lounge..but i read on another blog it would have to be done by 6pm so the lounge can open. Any idea if this is true?

#405 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
          • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

At Excellence Riviera Cancun the cocktail hour at the X-Lounge must finish by 6pm so I assume it would be the same at EPM. How long are you having between the end of the ceremony and the start of the cocktail hour?

#406 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
            • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jennifer Davis
              I got the dance floor through the DJ we hired - not from the resort. I used DJ Dorremixx. He was great! The dance floor cost $450 for the night and was worth every penny!

I had my reception in the Spice Terrace which is an open air lounge patio in Spice Restaurant. The space was AMAZING. I highly recommend if you can get it. Yamina advised me that they don't typically allow DJs in that location because it is close to building 9. However, they let me have it so I'm sure they will let others also. The people in the building 9 rooms facing the terrace didn't seem to be annoyed. Some of them actually came out and started dancing in the hallway outside their rooms. HAHAHA. It was hysterical!

BTW, I am going to post a pic of Yamina and I (even though I look horrendous as I had just gotten back from scuba diving)! She is so cute and such a doll! Don't ake the mistake that I did and panic and worry when she didn't get back to me right away. She is excellent at what she does and will bring everything together for your weddings!

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm getting married the Excellence Riviera Cancun but if I was getting married at EPM I would definately love to have the reception where you had it. Your reception looked awesome.

#407 reevesbride

reevesbride
              • 212 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hey Traci,

I got married at 6pm and had my cocktail hour at x-lounge. Whenever our cocktial hour was over was when when the lounge opened. Hope this helps.

Lauren

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thope
                Hey Ladies...Where is everyone having their cocktail hour? I would like to have ours at the beach lounge..but i read on another blog it would have to be done by 6pm so the lounge can open. Any idea if this is true?

#408 thope

thope
                • 104 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by reevesbride
                  Hey Traci,

I got married at 6pm and had my cocktail hour at x-lounge. Whenever our cocktial hour was over was when when the lounge opened. Hope this helps.

Lauren
                  Ahhh thanks so much Lauren....one less thing to worry about.
                  BTW two of my best buddies cant make it to my wedding bc of their kids graduations...i'm bummed. I wasnt even thinking...the end of May is graduation time..

#409 MSG518

MSG518
                  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

Is anyone else really struggling with finding bridesmaids dresses? This and flowers has been so difficult for me! All of my bm have such different shaped bodies...anyone have any good ideas?

#410 MSG518

MSG518
                    • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by s_katrese
                      Let's talk cake, past brides are they willing to do anything special with the cakes (special filling or icing) or are they just standard white cakes.

What cake will you be choosing? I am leaning towards cake 3, 6, or 8

I like cakes 5, 6, or 7....I would love to know the options as far as fillings and icings! Yum....I'm getting hungry lol!

Welcome Caroline, Blissful, and Butterfly!! You are going to LOVE this site. It has been a lifesaver for me! I would be completely lost without it! Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users