Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#391 thope

thope
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

Thanks Shanna and Katrese, so I'm still waiting on del sol...prices. I do like Sacha Gluck and he is available for my date...so far his pricing is the best he is in the lead...we shall see..

#392 affiwin

affiwin
    • 177 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

Traci, I chose Sascha Gluck for our wedding. I've actually met him as he shot my sister's wedding in Isla Mujueres last summer. He's great and I like his personality. I am also a pro photographer so I was really particular about choosing a photographer for my own wedding.

#393 MSG518

MSG518
      • 109 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

I am also going to Vincent from Del Sol. I love their style and how they capture the moment! I also loved the videographer that they work with. They are pretty pricey, but when it comes to your memories it's not worth saving a few dollars.

#394 s_katrese

s_katrese
        • 182 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Let's talk cake, past brides are they willing to do anything special with the cakes (special filling or icing) or are they just standard white cakes.

What cake will you be choosing? I am leaning towards cake 3, 6, or 8

#395 caroline0277

caroline0277
          • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hi Girls,

I have been reading your discussions for a little while now and am sorry I haven't contributed sooner. We are getting married at EPM on May 29th this year. We took a trip there in October 2009 and thought the resort was beautiful. We only there for a short weekend but we had a wonderful time. Neither of us have ever been to Cancun so we didn't have anything to compare it to... so there is a small part of me that wonders how it compares to other Cancun resorts. Any thoughts there?

We did meet with Yamina and like all of the girls have said- she seems great. We are hoping for somewhat of a larger group (40 or so guests) and anything that we've asked for seems possible. We requested a modified menu and Yamina said that it would cost an additional $5 per person which I didn't think was too bad.

We decided on a destination wedding to save on the cost and decision making. I am hoping that at least the cost piece is true because I definitely feel like there are just as many decisions to make. I suppose I was just naive. :)

Thank you all for sharing what you've been doing. I will be happy to share anything that you think might be helpful as well!

Happy planning!

Caroline

#396 s_katrese

s_katrese
            • 182 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

caroline777 what type of modified menu did you come up with?

#397 Rebecca030510

Rebecca030510
              • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

Jen,
                It was great seeing your pictures, etc.! I'm SO excited about your planning blog... let us know as soon as you get it finished! My wedding is in FIFTY-ONE DAYS!!! I'm sort-of starting to freak out and feel that I've missed lots of important planning details... let's hope not! : )
                Also, I am apparently more technologically challenged than I realized... can someone please tell me how to add a picture, etc. to my messages!?
                Rebecca and Clay
                3-5-10
                Excellence Playa Mujereswww.rebeccaandclay.com

#398 thope

thope
                • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hey Katrese..will you email me cake pix's? I cant find mine and i dont want to ask yamina for them again...my email is tracihopeis@yahoo.com..Thanks!

#399 thope

thope
                  • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by affiwin
                    Traci, I chose Sascha Gluck for our wedding. I've actually met him as he shot my sister's wedding in Isla Mujueres last summer. He's great and I like his personality. I am also a pro photographer so I was really particular about choosing a photographer for my own wedding.
                    Hey Affwin,
                    Do you have any pics of your sisters wedding she wouldnt mind you sharing? This is a really tough decision for me...I'm trying to decide if i'm going to break my budget for photos ...or see if there is anyone that can come close to what i want for a lesser price.. thanks!

#400 Blissful1910

Blissful1910
                    • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

I am getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres on July 17, 2010, and I am so excited to find this thread! I can't wait to read through it! If you have gotten married at Excellence Playa Mujeres recently, I would love to hear about your experience, as well as connect with people that are getting married there soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users