Jump to content
reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Nice, I have to listen to the Celtic version of Canon D that sounds intresting!

 

We are doing Ingrid Michaelson's verson of Can't help falling in love for the procession

 

For the recession we are doing Beyonce's verson of Ava Maria.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can find it on iTunes I believe.  Or if you google it it should come up too.  I thought those were my final choices but fiance put his foot down and told me that they were depressing.  Haha!

 

Soooooo I think we have decided to go with Clocks by: Coldplay and Use Somebody by: Kinks of Leon.  The instrumental versions. 
 

Originally Posted by ergalv31 View Post

Nice, I have to listen to the Celtic version of Canon D that sounds intresting!

 

We are doing Ingrid Michaelson's verson of Can't help falling in love for the procession

 

For the recession we are doing Beyonce's verson of Ava Maria.

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about the one that comes with the Gold Package?  All I know about it is that it needs to be booked at least 2 days in advance and can be booked before you arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by christamh View Post

 

Are you talking about the one that comes with the Gold Package?  All I know about it is that it needs to be booked at least 2 days in advance and can be booked before you arrive.

 

I didn't know that there was one that came with the gold package.  It is listed on the activities on the Excellence website.  I am not doing one of the packages, but i thought it would be a nice thing to do together with our guests.  Depending on cost ect.  I emailed Yamina and my TA but no word yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Scrose:

 

Sorry I am just getting back with you, it has been a bit crazy here for us.  We are having our local reception here for all those that could not make it to Mexico next

Saturday, so I am running around getting everything in order, I could really use a wedding coordinator like Yamina right now.  :-)

 

As far as the Villa next to EPM, our photographer, Vincent, had made arrangements to go over there, he just took us over right after the ceremony. From the ceremony on,

I had no concept of time, sorry, but it did take a while, it was sooooo worth it!  We did a cocktail hour for everyone, so they were fine eating some snacks and drinking while

they waited for us. No one cared at all.

 

Here is our slideshow from Del Sol, they are amazing, I am so very glad that I went with them.

 

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=328

 

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

 

Smiles,
Shanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daisy-   I was referring to the "Romantic cocktail cruise for bride and groom" which comes with the package.  I am also interested in possibly hosting some sort of boat trip for my guests the day after the wedding.  Let me know if you find out anything interesting.

 

Supersonic-  Your photos look amazing. I have also hired Del Sol for my wedding, except I will be using Matt.  I can't wait!!  I will ask if I can sneak over to the villa as well for some shots. 

 

Can I ask what you guys used for ceremony music?  We are also thinking of skipping the gazebo and doing it on the beach.  I didnt see any speakers or anything in your setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic:

Thank you so much for responding!!  I am so glad I got to see your pics, as I am doing the same setup with a similar number of guests, etc.  Looks like the rain shower didn't ruin anything too much for you!  :) I was wondering about your music too - I was told we had use of a sound system on the beach, but didn't see it anywhere...or is it just out of the photos?  We are just bringing ipods with music to play before/during ceremony and then during our happy hour.  I am going to send the link to your slide show to my photographer (citalli rico) to show her some of these great locations, I loved the way your pics turned out.  

Also - did the salon at the hotel do your hair and makeup?  I have a similar hairpiece and like the way yours looked!  I have been saving pics from online and magazines to show them, but am nervous about someone I've never met doing my hair!!  :) 

Good luck with your party!  We are doing ours about 3 weeks after our wedding and I am trying to get as much done as possible before we leave for Mexico! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some info on the private excersion.  But it looks like the yacht only holds 8 people but I am waiting to hear back to confirm that.  I have the info if you would like me to forward it to you.
 

Originally Posted by christamh View Post

Daisy-   I was referring to the "Romantic cocktail cruise for bride and groom" which comes with the package.  I am also interested in possibly hosting some sort of boat trip for my guests the day after the wedding.  Let me know if you find out anything interesting.

 

Supersonic-  Your photos look amazing. I have also hired Del Sol for my wedding, except I will be using Matt.  I can't wait!!  I will ask if I can sneak over to the villa as well for some shots. 

 

Can I ask what you guys used for ceremony music?  We are also thinking of skipping the gazebo and doing it on the beach.  I didnt see any speakers or anything in your setup. 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scrose:

 

We did not want music, we just wanted to hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore, that was our music.  :-)

I am so glad you like the photos, we were just amazed by them. Glad I could help give you some ideas.

 

I did not use the salon, one of my guest is an amazing hair and make-up artist, so she did it for me as a wedding gift.

I have read that people have used the salon there and were very happy and if you have pictures of what you want then

they should be able to copy it for you.

 

Thank you, everything is coming together for the party here, doing some DIY things when I log off of here. I must

say that it is nice to have a reception at home as well, I am glad that we are doing that.  I will be wearing my dress again,

for our party, I am having it cut off above the knee so now it will be a cocktail dress, then after the party I will dye it a dark

charcoal so I can keep using it later on.

 

Good luck with all of your planning and let me know if you have any other questions.

 

Shanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×