Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

I've been waiting 11 days to hear from N. And I am getting somewhat frustrated with the waiting period as well. But my wedding is not in less than two weeks. Still, they need to hire more people if it's that crazy busy. BangHead.gif

Actually it's 8 days, I'm losing my mind and can't count right. Last week was a nightmare, our flights were cancelled, and had to rebook with another airline.

Originally Posted by Jass7 View Post

I've been waiting 11 days to hear from N. And I am getting somewhat frustrated with the waiting period as well. But my wedding is not in less than two weeks. Still, they need to hire more people if it's that crazy busy. BangHead.gif

Thanks for the support ladies!

lliaPSU - We will definately meet up. I'll try to remember your face from your photo :) I'll try to find you sometime on the 14th or 15th, so I can get some tips on what to ask for and what not to ask for....and how your meal tasting goes. Fun! Okay, the idea of meeting up is making me very happy.

Jass7 - yes. losing ones mind seems to be normal. Everytime I see that head hit the wall I flinch and then laugh. Thanks!

The funny thing is that there would be NOTHING in my planner. So, a blank planner would definately take less than 10 days to prepare. ha.

I was reading on the Excellence Riviera Maya thread that they also use N. - So us brides at EPM do not have her undivided attention.

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

That is awful!  My responses have been a bit slow, but nothing like 10 days.  I also have about 95% of the details confirmed in my wedding planner.  I will say though, that the one time I waited the longest, was because they were putting together my planner - so I hope that is what is happening in your case.

Also, I've never worked with N and have been communicating with Lleny.  She has been extremely helpful and even offered to go downtown after work to look for a Pinata for me. Maybe you could call them and ask to switch planners?

I'm sorry that this has been so frustrating for you!  It looks like we will be there at the same time, so let me know if you want to meet up for cocktails and I can give you my lessons learned after my wedding :)  You can always find us at the main pool bar!

Hola Ladies!!

I am laying on my rooftop bed writing you all while my husband takes a siesta before our romantic dinner on the beach!! I tried to catch up on all of your messages so that I could write and calm all your nerves but I am short for time, we have a photo shoot tonight before dinner so I must get ready!

A) first thing first, the wedding was absolutely stunning- it all went better than imagined and I couldnt have been happier with the outcome!!

B) N was great, although she did leave half way through our reception, never to be found again. She also messed up our champagne breakfast in bed and our photo shoot that came "free" with the gold package, among a few other details... Just make sure that she triple checks EVERYTHING that she told you. She will say "no worries, relax, I got everything covered" several times, and so I listened to her and all those times were incorrect.

The biggesting thing (which you will not have to worry about) was the Mexican time change. The day of my wedding the clocks were to be turned an hour ahead but N told all my guests and bridal party it was an hour behind, so we had 2 bridesmaids unaccounted for come wedding time due to this misinformation... Fortunately my bridesmaids are quick at getting ready!!

WITH THAT SAID

C) Everything, including the mess ups, didnt matter come wedding time. Seriously, everything was impeccable and gorgeous!! Every guest we had cried when they had to leave because it is just so perfect here. The wedding was beautiful!!

D) Adrian Herrera was AMAZING!!! I have a friend for life with him and Victor and Sara and Hiram... I love them all. They were totally reasonable, fantastic and I am so happy they were a part of my day. We even woke up at 345AM this morning for an unexpected TTD session. I was not interested in a TTD b/c I am in love with my Vera dress but I loved Hiram and Adrian so much I made an excuse to see them again, The session was awesome!

E) Any brides having their wedding on the sand, it is INSANELY WINDY, I mean INSANELY windy. So make sure hair is up and out of your face. I had mine at the Gazebo and it was perfect for us. Then all our other pics were on the beach, I lost my Veil in the wind... SO again, just be careful with your hair. down and curly is so pretty but it will only stay like that for about 10 mins.... So hair up!!

F) Christian does funky hair for updos and Sonja does an amazing job with fun updos as well, just be very very clear on what you want and have pictures with you! Make sure you request one of them, 2 others did not do a good job on my bridesmaids and they were pretty upset. other than that, Sonja did my hair and I cried because it was 100% perfect and what I asked for.

G) They use Mac and they do great make up... Although I had her put my eyelashes on and I did my own. My MIL had hers done and it looked beautiful. No airbrush but at least they use good makeup.

H) If you have the gold package but have your own photographer, you can have them take photos another time to compensate you for what comes with the gold package. Thats what we are doing tonight. We are having a romantic dinner on the beach and having the resort photographers take our picture tonight, that way we have a variety of photos from our trip.

I) OMG girls, this place is just  way too amazing, I am speechless when it comes to this resort and how much fun we are having here.

J) the spa is PHENOMENAL!!

K) I had the gold meals substituting the salad with a Caprese salad and a Avacado/Cilantro soup. It was all SO GOOD!!! My dad is a chef and he thought the food was wonderful, so did all of us. The only down side, N got some meals wrong and people were left with out thier optinos and had to have last minute substitues... Although the substitues were good in taste, our guests were a little disappointed that they did not get the right meal.

L) Hmmm, the cake was option 1 with edible pearls (that I brought) it had fondent (sp) and a few layers of mixed flavors... I am not a cake snob, nor do I care for cake but OMG it was SO good!! We had a couple tell us it was better than their $980 cake at thier wedding 2 months ago.

Ok so I have to go!! Again, everything was so perfect.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Happy Planning!!

IMG_1869.JPGIMG_1848.JPGIMG_1855.JPGfirst dance.JPGphoto5.JPG

OMG lciz............

BEAUTIFUL.  Thank you soooooo much for all the info and taking the time to get back to us.  Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy the remainder of your time.  And congrats, I am so happy for you :o)

Originally Posted by lciz View Post

Hola Ladies!!

I am laying on my rooftop bed writing you all while my husband takes a siesta before our romantic dinner on the beach!! I tried to catch up on all of your messages so that I could write and calm all your nerves but I am short for time, we have a photo shoot tonight before dinner so I must get ready!

A) first thing first, the wedding was absolutely stunning- it all went better than imagined and I couldnt have been happier with the outcome!!

B) N was great, although she did leave half way through our reception, never to be found again. She also messed up our champagne breakfast in bed and our photo shoot that came "free" with the gold package, among a few other details... Just make sure that she triple checks EVERYTHING that she told you. She will say "no worries, relax, I got everything covered" several times, and so I listened to her and all those times were incorrect.

The biggesting thing (which you will not have to worry about) was the Mexican time change. The day of my wedding the clocks were to be turned an hour ahead but N told all my guests and bridal party it was an hour behind, so we had 2 bridesmaids unaccounted for come wedding time due to this misinformation... Fortunately my bridesmaids are quick at getting ready!!

WITH THAT SAID

C) Everything, including the mess ups, didnt matter come wedding time. Seriously, everything was impeccable and gorgeous!! Every guest we had cried when they had to leave because it is just so perfect here. The wedding was beautiful!!

D) Adrian Herrera was AMAZING!!! I have a friend for life with him and Victor and Sara and Hiram... I love them all. They were totally reasonable, fantastic and I am so happy they were a part of my day. We even woke up at 345AM this morning for an unexpected TTD session. I was not interested in a TTD b/c I am in love with my Vera dress but I loved Hiram and Adrian so much I made an excuse to see them again, The session was awesome!

E) Any brides having their wedding on the sand, it is INSANELY WINDY, I mean INSANELY windy. So make sure hair is up and out of your face. I had mine at the Gazebo and it was perfect for us. Then all our other pics were on the beach, I lost my Veil in the wind... SO again, just be careful with your hair. down and curly is so pretty but it will only stay like that for about 10 mins.... So hair up!!

F) Christian does funky hair for updos and Sonja does an amazing job with fun updos as well, just be very very clear on what you want and have pictures with you! Make sure you request one of them, 2 others did not do a good job on my bridesmaids and they were pretty upset. other than that, Sonja did my hair and I cried because it was 100% perfect and what I asked for.

G) They use Mac and they do great make up... Although I had her put my eyelashes on and I did my own. My MIL had hers done and it looked beautiful. No airbrush but at least they use good makeup.

H) If you have the gold package but have your own photographer, you can have them take photos another time to compensate you for what comes with the gold package. Thats what we are doing tonight. We are having a romantic dinner on the beach and having the resort photographers take our picture tonight, that way we have a variety of photos from our trip.

I) OMG girls, this place is just  way too amazing, I am speechless when it comes to this resort and how much fun we are having here.

J) the spa is PHENOMENAL!!

K) I had the gold meals substituting the salad with a Caprese salad and a Avacado/Cilantro soup. It was all SO GOOD!!! My dad is a chef and he thought the food was wonderful, so did all of us. The only down side, N got some meals wrong and people were left with out thier optinos and had to have last minute substitues... Although the substitues were good in taste, our guests were a little disappointed that they did not get the right meal.

L) Hmmm, the cake was option 1 with edible pearls (that I brought) it had fondent (sp) and a few layers of mixed flavors... I am not a cake snob, nor do I care for cake but OMG it was SO good!! We had a couple tell us it was better than their $980 cake at thier wedding 2 months ago.

Ok so I have to go!! Again, everything was so perfect.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Happy Planning!!

IMG_1869.JPGIMG_1848.JPGIMG_1855.JPGfirst dance.JPGphoto5.JPG

lciz - You are awesome! Congratulations! Your photos are beautiful!!! I LOVE your dress. Such a beautiful couple!!!!

I'm so excited for my turn. I have hired Adrian as well, but we were thinking how nice it would be to have a second shooter. IF you happen to see this ;) do you think it would be work the additional price to upgrade for an addtional shooter? Did you have ony Adrian or did you hire two shooters?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can almost feel the sun from your rooftop. I love it elefant.gif

Wow.... The brick wall.....way too funny. Cute. I had a nice laugh. But I think that's what this forum is about. K

I've been waiting 11 days to hear from N. And I am getting somewhat frustrated with the waiting period as well. But my wedding is not in less than two weeks. Still, they need to hire more people if it's that crazy busy. :BangHead: