Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#91 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

Everyone's songs are so great! We finally decided that I will walk down to Canon in F and the girls will walk down to somewhere over rainbow/wonder life from 50 first dates.
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#92 ashey063009

ashey063009
    • 604 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rhonda
      I was wondering the same thing...

Also, you are supposed to have a bridal party walk down song and then a bride song, right?

Also, what do you guys think about walking down the aisle to "Im yours" Jason Mraz?
      I really like the song, but, I'm not sure if I want to walk down the aisle with singing...but, that's the best part of the song!
      Also, now my FI thinks that I shouldn't use it now since it was on American Idol last night!
      Rhonda,

I think its up to you whether you want to do the same song for everyone, or a bridal party and then bride song. I'm going to be doing one for everyone-- and I think heading down to Jason Mraz sounds awesome. I think the whole "instrumental only thing" is silly.

#93 binzer

binzer
      • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashey063009
        Rhonda,

I think its up to you whether you want to do the same song for everyone, or a bridal party and then bride song. I'm going to be doing one for everyone-- and I think heading down to Jason Mraz sounds awesome. I think the whole "instrumental only thing" is silly.
        Oooh, I can do the same song for the bridesmaids and myself? AWESOME!

4-5 minutes seems SO long to me though...does it honestly take that long to walk the aisle? In my mind it takes like...30 seconds. That brings up another question I have too...how do you guys walk up the aisle? As in, do you just stroll, or do you do the old traditional right-together-left-together? And if you just walk, do you try to walk to the beat, or do you just walk normally?

#94 binzer

binzer
        • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

edit: double post!

#95 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
          • 369 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

I'm currently debating between beyonce's "Dangerously in Love" or keyshia cole's "heaven". I LOVE them both!

#96 ashey063009

ashey063009
            • 604 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by binzer
              That brings up another question I have too...how do you guys walk up the aisle? As in, do you just stroll, or do you do the old traditional right-together-left-together? And if you just walk, do you try to walk to the beat, or do you just walk normally?
              Hey Binzer,
              I think I'm going to try and stroll and normally as possible, slower than usual, but as natural as possible. I've never been a fan or the right, left, together-- it's too regimented.

We're all in a beautiful tropical locale, which I think screams flowy, casual and laid back. Regimented steps just don't seem to do any of our destinations any justice. lol

#97 Rhonda

Rhonda
              • 270 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ashey063009
                Rhonda,

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was normal to do 2 songs...I kinda like the idea of changing songs for the bridal entrance and walk....I think it might heighten the drama...you know what I mean But, I'm sure both are fine.

I agree with the whole "instrumental only thing". Although, I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where the bridal walk wasn't only instrumental.
                But, I guess, we're not doing anything traditional..afterall, we're doing it in Mexico! :)

#98 cancunbride

cancunbride
                • 531 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

Here is my song.... I absolutely LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE it.

YouTube - Katie Melua - Just Like Heaven

#99 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                  • 274 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:53 AM

For the the last year I was set on using "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," until about a week ago when I heard Amy Seeley's "Gravel Lines". Although it doesn't sound beachy or really romantic, my mind was flooded with the memories of the night that FI and I first met and is remnant of our unfolding story.

#100 binzer

binzer
                    • 230 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DWandMJ
                      For the the last year I was set on using "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," until about a week ago when I heard Amy Seeley's "Gravel Lines". Although it doesn't sound beachy or really romantic, my mind was flooded with the memories of the night that FI and I first met and is remnant of our unfolding story.
                      Amy Seeley has a beautiful voice, and her music is classic sounding enough that I don't think you need to worry! SotR is a great song, but I think it's nice to use something more personal if you can find something that resonates with you and your FI as a couple. Even if you don't use that song as a processional, you should use it for something! There are more than enough "song slots" to fill :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users