Photo

Kiehl's anyone??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:37 AM

I have just about HAD IT with my skin--I have been breaking out uncontrollably for the last year or so....in my teens/early 20's i could count the number of zits I had. Now I literaally wakeup every morning with at least 2 or 3 more breakouts.
    I have tried (what seems to be) EVERYTHING!!! I really didn't like ProActive...i felt it didn't do anything for me...plus it bleached all my towels and my bedding!
    I use Retin-A for spot treatment and wash with Cetaphil. (I want to try something different as I feel that the Cetaphil isn't working anymore.)
    I also use MAC mineral makeup....

Now to my question--HAS ANYONE USED KIEHL'S? I am looking at these products in particular:

Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser | Kiehl's

Blue Herbal Moisturizer | Kiehl's

I really don't care too much about cost right now (Within reason!!! Lol)
    I am going to see a derm in Dec. to see what he can suggest and maybe see about getting a low does of Accutane to help.

HELLLLPPPP!!!!!
    D & K
    October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#2 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

Hi Kaylee,
      I use Kiehl's and like it but I don't really have an acne problem. When I do though... I use the Kiehl's Blue spot treatment and it takes care of those little buggers. I switched over to kiehl's a little over a year ago and use the cleanser, toner, moisturizer and eye creme. It's moderately expensive and a little goes a long way.
      Dermatologists always swear by cetaphil... fyi cause it doesn't strip your skin. But I don't feel that Kiehls strips it either.

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

I used Kiehl's in the past it is very good.

#4 ikupoo

ikupoo
        • 171 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Sometimes acne could be related to digestive problems, especailly if it's concentrated around your chin. I found out that I'm allergic to dairy, wheat and eggs after 31 years, and dairy seems to make me break out.

#5 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

I've had acne problems since I was very young and started taking BC (dermatologist prescribed) when I was 13. I think it's helped a lot but it came at a price of a dry scalp among other things...I still take it though because as soon as I stop taking them, I break out like crazy, it's awful!

Best of luck to you. Maybe talk to your dr. about Clyndoxyl (sp?), it's a pretty good prescription zit cream, but be careful, it will bleach your towels as well. lol Just a heads up! :)

I wouldn't take Accutane unless absolutely necessary, last resort kind of thing, I've heard it's pretty hard on your system...

#6 Cattie

Cattie
            • 594 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

I'm going through the same thing. I NEVER broke out in highschool. Now I'm 31 I break out like a teenager!!

I went to the dermatologist who gave me a lotion and put me on an antibiotic that I couldn't go in the sun with, and gave me the worse yeast infection. I said screw the Dr. I tried Proactive, and I broke out worse. Right now I'm using the nuetrogina acne wash and aveeno moisturizer.

I still break out occasionally on my chin. My diet really hasn't changed much through the years. I'd be interested in hearing more feedback about Kiehl's, since I really want to clear up my skin by the wedding!

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

Acne breakouts can be related to diet, stress and/or hormones...
                Kiehl's is very good but right now, consider having the dermie look at your skin and assess your diet. Try to steer away from accutane, but request a benzoyl peroxide wash and cream for your skin. Accutane should be your last resort. Good luck..

#8 poohshek

poohshek
                • 1,456 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

My girlfriend introduced me to Obagi products and it works pretty well. I am in my 30s and still break out regularly. It takes about 8 - 12 weeks to see big improvement with the Obagi Nu-Derm system but I highly recommend it. As to cost, it is a bit pricey but the entire kit lasts 5 - 6 months.

Check out their web site Obagi Medical Products : Home Page.

I also alternate Kiehl's with Obagi too when I need a break from the exfoliation with the Obagi products. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users