Photo

Playa del Carmen Hair/Makeup Salons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 texas_gal

texas_gal
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hey ladies! I am getting married near Playa del Carmen and am trying to get info on makeup and hair stylists in the area. I haven't heard the best things about the salon at my resort and am only about 15 minutes away from playa. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am more interested about a hair stylist than makeup since I could do my makeup on my own if I need to. Any suggestions would be appriciated!
    ~Ashleigh~

#2 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

This is on my to-do list when we are down in Playa Del Carmen next week. I will post my findings when we return.

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

I know there was a thread that someone posted a while back with a few stylists names a numbers. I think someone also said there is a MAC in the area...Try to do a search on the forum..=)

#4 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
        • 173 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

After scouring BDW I've found the following recommendations :

1) alexandromakeup.com
          2) Guillermo Flores dsandoval@ultrafemme.com
          3) le BLEUE in Playa
          4) Aida Tantandell. She is in the Constituyentes Av. Apparently works with stars like (Catherine Z Jones
          Their phone number is (52)-87 33 910 and they charge 200 usd. if you want them to go to your room hotel.
          5) Italian woman named Ana. Her phone number is 52- 984 116 79 73 She is not expensive and also goes to your place. She is great!
          6) EVA TAME from studio 22

It seems most people get their hair/makeup done at their hotel. I think we should start a new thread and ask people to post their makeup and recs for hairdressers not associated with a hotel.
          Has anyone used any of these?

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by San Fran Sarah

1) alexandromakeup.com
            3) le BLEUE in Playa
            4) Aida Tantandell. She is in the Constituyentes Av. Apparently works with stars like (Catherine Z Jones
            Their phone number is (52)-87 33 910 and they charge 200 usd. if you want them to go to your room hotel.
            5) Italian woman named Ana. Her phone number is 52- 984 116 79 73 She is not expensive and also goes to your place. She is great!

It seems most people get their hair/makeup done at their hotel. I think we should start a new thread and ask people to post their makeup and recs for hairdressers not associated with a hotel.
            I think it's annalisa. she was going to be my person, but was in italy during my wedding. she lives in PDC & was going to charge me $100 to travel to puerto aventuras.

instead i had finita who lives in PDC & has a salon in puerto aventuras. she was $75. She was very relaxing to work with & i loved what she did with my hair. I just sat down & she took care of everything.

I posted a review & her contact info on the forum.

#6 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
            • 173 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

Doranna Debortoli did hair for a couple of girls on this site and did an amazing job! Check out: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22361 I'm still trying to find contact info for her. . . .

#7 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
              • 173 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

I found the contact info for doranna and she gave me permission to post it on the forum. Her last name is debortoli and her email address is premdo@yahoo.it
                She charges $250 for brides and $95 for bridesmaids. These prices were for her to travel to Tulum and I guess it is less if you go to PDC where she lives. This does not include a trial and the trial is $180 . . . .so she's not cheap but I will probably book her because she is willing to come to Tulum. If you email her she can send pics of brides hair that she has styled.

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

Quote:
                  I found the contact info for doranna and she gave me permission to post it on the forum. Her last name is debortoli and her email address is premdo@yahoo.it
                  She charges $250 for brides and $95 for bridesmaids. These prices were for her to travel to Tulum and I guess it is less if you go to PDC where she lives. This does not include a trial and the trial is $180 . . . .so she's not cheap but I will probably book her because she is willing to come to Tulum. If you email her she can send pics of brides hair that she has styled.
                  Thanks for the info she does really nice work.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 Stina168

Stina168
                  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
                    Sarah-thanks for all this useful info! I've been going crazy trying to find stylists in PDC! I've searched the forum, but surprisingly there isn't much info about hair and makeup salons outside of the resorts. Thanks again!

#10 Corvette79

Corvette79
                    • 200 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Quote:

1) alexandromakeup.com
                      3) le BLEUE in Playa

i am also on this quest, thanks for the posts! i will keep checking this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users