Sign in to follow this  
~Melissa~

How many glasses of water do u drink in a day?

I know I don't drink enough H2O but I try. I also drink coffee which I know dehydrates the body more; reason enough to drink more water.

I think I drink 2 litres.... you think this is enough?

Do you think it helps bring up your metabolic rate?

8 glasses or 2 Liters is what you need a day...Some of that water intake can be through the food you eat. Fruits and vegetables both have a very high water content, but most people still need to drink water to get enough. Water is essential to a healthy diet, and many studies have shown that people who drink 8 glasses of water a day are more able to maintain a healthy body weight than those that don't. If you exercise at high intensity levels, you will need to drink extra water to replenish water you've sweated off. So keep drinking that water and get your 5 fruits/vegetables a day! Lots of time people eat, when really they are thirsty. Sometimes if I'm having a craving, I drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes. If I still feel hungry, then I know I'm actually hungry...but often times all I need is the water and I realize I wasn't actually hungry.

• Like 1

I drink at least 4-16 oz bottles a day, more when I'm working out, sometimes a little less if I have a really busy night at work. I agree with Susan- if I'm hungry I drink water first. Sometimes it takes the hunger away, sometimes not- but at least I filled up on something calorie free first!

i was doing really well when I was doing the Colonix thing - but i need to drink a lot more! on average i probably just drink a couple glasses a day.

I got really sick about a month ago and started drinking a TON of water. It has since tapered off some but I am still trying to get in as much as possible. I do think it aids in weight loss or maintenance.

I personally hate drinking water so I put a slice of lemon to off set the taste. I end up drinking about 128 oz a day. I sit here at work and drink all day. I just don't like that I have to use the restroom all the time.

Well I drink about 6 glasses a water a day. My DR a few years ago was telling me that 8 glasses was too much for me and that I was flushing out the good stuff.. so I cut back.

I bought a water bottle a few weeks ago and I bring it with me everywhere. It holds 27 oz. and I try to fill it at least 3 times a day. I love water, I really don't like drinking anything else, except coffee or the occasional diet coke. I do think it really helps with weight loss and also helps you feel more full. I've been trying to exercise everyday too, so I want to stay well hydrated.