How many glasses of water do u drink in a day?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

I know I don't drink enough H2O but I try. I also drink coffee which I know dehydrates the body more; reason enough to drink more water.

I think I drink 2 litres.... you think this is enough?

Do you think it helps bring up your metabolic rate?

#2 SusanK

• VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

8 glasses or 2 Liters is what you need a day...Some of that water intake can be through the food you eat. Fruits and vegetables both have a very high water content, but most people still need to drink water to get enough. Water is essential to a healthy diet, and many studies have shown that people who drink 8 glasses of water a day are more able to maintain a healthy body weight than those that don't. If you exercise at high intensity levels, you will need to drink extra water to replenish water you've sweated off. So keep drinking that water and get your 5 fruits/vegetables a day! Lots of time people eat, when really they are thirsty. Sometimes if I'm having a craving, I drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes. If I still feel hungry, then I know I'm actually hungry...but often times all I need is the water and I realize I wasn't actually hungry.
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#3 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

I think 2 liters is great! I only drink 2 or 3 glases.. I need to drink more water..

#4 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

I drink at least 4-16 oz bottles a day, more when I'm working out, sometimes a little less if I have a really busy night at work. I agree with Susan- if I'm hungry I drink water first. Sometimes it takes the hunger away, sometimes not- but at least I filled up on something calorie free first!

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

i was doing really well when I was doing the Colonix thing - but i need to drink a lot more! on average i probably just drink a couple glasses a day.

#6 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

I got really sick about a month ago and started drinking a TON of water. It has since tapered off some but I am still trying to get in as much as possible. I do think it aids in weight loss or maintenance.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Boogedy

• 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

I probably drink 3-4 liters per day. I don't know if it helps my metabolism but it does make me feel better overall. :)

#8 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

I personally hate drinking water so I put a slice of lemon to off set the taste. I end up drinking about 128 oz a day. I sit here at work and drink all day. I just don't like that I have to use the restroom all the time.

#9 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Well I drink about 6 glasses a water a day. My DR a few years ago was telling me that 8 glasses was too much for me and that I was flushing out the good stuff.. so I cut back.

#10 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

I bought a water bottle a few weeks ago and I bring it with me everywhere. It holds 27 oz. and I try to fill it at least 3 times a day. I love water, I really don't like drinking anything else, except coffee or the occasional diet coke. I do think it really helps with weight loss and also helps you feel more full. I've been trying to exercise everyday too, so I want to stay well hydrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users